New Here 1999 Ford Lightning

jeffv333

Established Member
Hey guys, im new here, I just bought a 1999 Ford Lightning with 158,000 miles for 6,500 bucks :)

Thought I could get some tips? It came with a diablosport tuner, and other than that I don't know any mods it has, It does have an Eaton on it, and ill check the tranny later. But any tips guys? Anything I should know? its fine as it is right now, its fast! so all im trying to get is the best mpg since its my daily driver. :) now I Know they use a lot of gas, you don't have to tell me, but that wont stop me from getting the best MPG possible for the truck. sheesh lol thank you!

99cobradave

Established Member
"...trying to get the best mpg.....?" Forget about it. These trucks love the dino juice. I can't get better than 15 HWY no matter how much I granny drive. Who cares about mgh, just make it faster and stop better. Drive it and enjoy it, man!

That said, I love my L.

Welcome!

jeffv333

Established Member
Alright I guess, I am enjoying it, I stepped on it and it's not very fast, not as fast as my 1998 ford mustang gt! It feels kinda slow. So any tips? Anything I need to look out for? Other than general maintenance.

4a7191a

Established Member
New plugs , NGK tr6 .
Fuel filter needs to be changed most likely.
Honestly I'd search for a used cold air. They can be had cheap.
Used cat back as well :)

jeffv333

Established Member
Alright thanks man, umm what brand fuel filter? puralator? Im gonna hold off on the CIA, and its got flowmasters, so that's done already. it aint a catback though. And cool, ill look into those plugs whenever I do the tune up with the oil.

f150freak

Professional Lackey
Established Member
With that many miles I'd recommend you do a full tune up and all maintenance items like cleaning the intercooler.

Once that's all done then take it for a drive and see how it compares to your 98 stang.

Users who are viewing this thread