new here, hopefully a future cobra owner.

Tkaugh29

Established Member
Hello! my name is Travis. I am 21 years old and live in Canada, Alberta more specifically. I have been browsing these forums for about a month now learning as much as possible about cobras and thought its about time I sign up and introduce myself. I dont have one yet so im sorry there will be no pictures yet haha, I know you guys love pics.

Hopefully I will have a cobra in the comming months. I am waiting to recieve a large cheque in about 10-12 weeks then I will be able to buy one. I have a problem though, currently I cannot find any for sale in my area. There is only one for sale in my province (i only want a coupe, not conv.) and there are very few for sale around me, and since this is pretty much my dream car i am very picky about the one i buy.

On that note, does anyone have any reccomendations for me about how to get a cobra from the states into canada? feel like there are alot more for sale in the US then Canada. I would be looking to ship it, so would i need to hire a customs broker and a shipping company? If anyone has any websites that could help me, or personal experience that would be great!

Thank you and looking forward to chatting with lots of you.

srt4tocobra

Established Member
Don't have any recommendations but be patient do not jump on the first one that meets some of what you want. I know most cobra owners on this site take very very good care of their cars. Mine is like part of my family. I will tell you that if you do buy one you will love every moment you drive it. Hell, if I am having a bad day, all I have to do is mash the gas once, hear the exhaust and I have to smile. They are absolutely a blast to drive, but be careful, once you start modding it is very hard to stop.... Good luck with your search.

mysterio

Established Member
There are tons of shipping companies in the States, and I'm only guessing that a few of them would ship to the Great White North. Check out uship.com, as I"ve had fair price quotes from them. Good luck, and as others say, take your time and be picky.

And welcome to the site!

Tkaugh29

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, ill check that site out mysterio.

I have actually owned a '85 Mustang Gt hatchback, with quite a bit of mods and also a '07 cobalt ss supercharged, so ive dealt some power before, i know combined it barely tops a cobra haha but i know how to control myself, im responsible and i appreciate the warnings!

and yea i forsure wont jump on the first one, I am pretty specific on the interior color (i would like the suede inserts) and also im pretty picky on the exterior color too. i want fairly low miles and close to stock.

tgasTT

Established Member
Good Luck in your search, yes there alot more to choose from in the U.S and seems to be less expensive. Check out this link for importing to Canada....

Registrar of Imported Vehicles

...heard alot of positive feedback about this (Canadian) transport company

TFX International. Specialized Vehicle Transport

just curious how big of a cheque are you expecting?:shrug: ...for the right price I could be persuaded to sell my 2100 miles (3400 km) stock 03 coupe....lol :-D

Tkaugh29

Established Member
Good Luck in your search, yes there alot more to choose from in the U.S and seems to be less expensive. Check out this link for importing to Canada....

Registrar of Imported Vehicles

...heard alot of positive feedback about this (Canadian) transport company

TFX International. Specialized Vehicle Transport

just curious how big of a cheque are you expecting?:shrug: ...for the right price I could be persuaded to sell my 2100 miles (3400 km) stock 03 coupe....lol :-D

Thank you, ill check it out.

Im sure with the money I will be inheriting I could persuade you haha, but I am not looking to spend it all on a car, im investing alot of it for my future. For the right car though I will pay the right price, money is not an issue here.

on a more serious note, if you are serious I potentially would be interested.

What color you have?
where you located?
PM if you want with pics/details if you are.

Users who are viewing this thread