New home build issues-am I/are we overreacting??

daustin

Established Member
Post some photos when you move in. These Lennar homes seem to be well optioned and high quality.

Will do!

Here's a few taken already. The exterior pic is about a month old at least now.

I do have pics of everything from empty lot up to current. It was nice to be able to see where everything was run in the walls and ceilings.

436de91e6bfc06fea6009ea38d1ff49a.jpg

92d4b7de5b74776024cb3442ecbe6cb4.jpg

1141a6a87ff6d6f72089a55a17bd6c08.jpg

06131dd42bfcfa47d7238a8106dc54fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You're overreacting. 99.9% of the flaws you see now will be corrected by final walk-through. If there's anything left to be done, just make sure to not go to closing until they fix it. Once you sign for those keys, it becomes a matter between you and the warranty company. And with Lennar being a production builder, that can is going to get kicked down road as much as possible.

Also, on the flooring concerns. It's not always the last thing to be done, especially if it's porcelain tile and/or site-finished hardwoods. But that's usually in a higher price bracket, though, where they use a lot of natural and impervious materials. Either way, don't sweat it. It'll be like new when you move in.

Equalbracket

Established Member
You shouldn't worry, this is typical. Do a walk though, give a punch list, hand your wife a roll of blue painters tape and go to town lol. It'll be cleaned top to bottom before final lock out.

Any decent sub, let alone great subs are so busy right now it's impossible to keep a tight schedule. Just remember your house isn't the only one being built. We have over 30 customs going right now as a plumbing contractor with 2 people.

Obviously you don't know the industry, there's rarely any communication with other subs, most of the time they'll do things that completely screw's up another trades work when a simple phone call or better work ethic would fix a lot of these issues, instead the mentality is screw it, not my job. So sometimes one trade has to teach another a lesson which only hurts the homeowner, so it's best to pick a builder with a good rep and who uses the best subs in the area, not the cheapest that day.

Users who are viewing this thread