New Hood!!

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by ArizonaSnake
If you think there would be interest in a GP on this hood.. I could look into it. I might know someone who knows someone blah blah... that can at least give us an answer on if it is possible.

:dw:

Of course.. I could be wrong as well but what's it hurt to ask eh ? :idea:

What's the weight savings with this hood? 40lbs? Hey man check into it if you can, I think it we can get a good enough price then we would do it.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Just called Sean Hyland.
17lbs for the Carbon Fiber Hood.
34lbs for our Stock Hood.
Half the weight difference.

By the way Rice Look or NOT. Id say we got the balls on the streets / track to back up the hood look.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
By the way Rice Look or NOT. Id say we got the balls on the streets / track to back up the hood look.

I agree! Let's beat them at their own game.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
Ricers do it all the time. I always wondered why ricers (even the white ones) had black hoods. I thought they just didn't have enough $$ to paint the whole car. It was the same thing with their front tires. Always wondered why it was "IN" to have spare tires on the front. I guess it implied that "I drag race my car so I have slicks on my good rims".

I'm not saying you're a ricer, just food for thought.

:lol:

I do own a Mitsubishi Starion that will probably get a cowl induction hood on it. So perhaps there is some rice someplace in this 47 year old body!

:eek:

I also have my 67 Fairlane that has a white glass hood on a green body. (but it will get painted when I do the car)

:p

I'm just thinking out loud. I'd have to see what it looked like on my car. I also have been very tempted to paint my white cobra in the same color scheme used on a jacket that was developed by Hammer. (where I got my Avatar from)

You know.. get the jacket and paint the car to match vice getting a jacket to match the car!

Of course.. desire and money tanks are not always filled to the same level! :-D

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
What's the weight savings with this hood? 40lbs? Hey man check into it if you can, I think it we can get a good enough price then we would do it.

Ok.. I've got a couple of phone calls out.. awaiting reply... I will let you guys know what I find out.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
Ricers do it all the time. I always wondered why ricers (even the white ones) had black hoods. I thought they just didn't have enough $$ to paint the whole car. It was the same thing with their front tires. Always wondered why it was "IN" to have spare tires on the front. I guess it implied that "I drag race my car so I have slicks on my good rims".

I'm not saying you're a ricer, just food for thought.

As a recoverd ricer(2000 civic Si with Vortech charger) I noticed this too, and it pissed me off. Since burnouts are 'cool' to the import guys, they would use those wheels for races at the street races and leave the good wheels/tires at home for shows and crusing. This makes NO sense to me. If I were to race, I'd use good tires, not the stockers w/ no traction. I'm glad the car was stolen...twice! Stupid hondas:gt: Glad to be back into mustangs!

Friendchicken

I believe that is $1500 CDN. If I were going that far, I'd wait till he had the front clip, hood, rear deck and buy as a set.

TURTLE

Established Member
I am not to sure about the CF look. Sometimes I think "RICER". Maybe if it were partially painted with some ghost flames or scallops it would look better. 1400 bucks is way too steep for a hood though. I would just as rather save a bit more and go KB. I had a 3" rise on my 00 GT and 99 cobra fascia. It looked great but i am thinking we need to have a 3" rise with the vents and lines as the stock hood just a thought. I think that a complete Terminator in the CF look would look so "SICK" people wouldn't know what to think. But then again if a hood is 1400. think about a complete car kit!!!

Users who are viewing this thread