**NEW HOTTNESS** ARP Teksid Side Bolts

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
So I didnt really know where to put this thread, so I figured here would be a good place.

This is in regards to the ARP's new lineup of Mod Ford Side Bolts....See their catalog on Page 46. I had a good talk with Zach @ ARP and wanted to give you guys some feedback as well. Based on our talk, the information ARP had (which they garnered form various Ford sources) indicated that the PN# they have listed for the "Early Ford Aluminum Blocks" starts in 1996.

I'm here to tell you that these ARP Side Bolts PN# 156-5001, WILL also work on all the Teksids coming back from 1993! My current motor build is an early Teksid and the Ford Factory Bolt in comparison to the New ARP Bolt are worlds apart in quality but the same dimensionally. I don't have any calipers on me at the moment or I would post measurements. I will try to get those later.

Based on my test fit, the threads on the ARP bolt seem to bite a little better as there is less slop while threading the bolt into the main cap. Instead of a fully threaded bolt like the factory, they have only threaded where it needs to be (going into the main cap). This I bet reduces the weakness of the bolt somehow....but I'm no engineer, LOL!

You get a 12-pt 10mm head and there is no need to use a separate washer as it is integrated onto the bolt just like the factory and is also slightly thicker. The bolt DOES NOT go into the outboard main stud hole through the main cap.

All in all, I thing this bolt has answered the call of all the mod ford motorheads. No need to try and use some BMW Rod Bolts or MMRs Side bolt kit.....and I'm not knocking any of those options, just emphasizing the fact that now we have a proper bolt for a specific application that you know will work time after time no matter how many times you torque and retorque it!!

Pictures below -

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
I know MMR sells side bolts for the teskid as well. Nice to have another option. Anymore information on your build? Im thinking of going with a teskid for my bullitt build.

Users who are viewing this thread