New Incar Video of 1996 IMSA Road Atlanta Wreck

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
Those of you familiar with the ex-IMSA Cobra R’s have undoubtedly seen video of the multi car wreck at the 1996 IMSA race at Road Atlanta. That crash ended the pro racing career of the original Snipes Motorsports Cobra R. I just came across the below incar video posted by Paul Dudinsky on YouTube. In the video you’ll see my Cobra R 77/250 tip toeing around the track with its hazards on. You’ll also see Tom’s Cobra R 24/250 seconds before it rolls. Lastly there is one of the Hacker Bros Cobra R’s driven and then spun by Bart Hayes.

Enjoy…

Road Firehawk Atlanta April 1996.mpg - YouTube

GJMCAR98

MOTOROLA MAN
Established Member
That's a great video. That's when Road Atlanta was a Man's track and I still love that place but it was a lot more fun the old way. Boy' that dirt bank just killed those cars when they hit. I've been up there more than once when it rains like that and it comes in quick and hard and it may not even be raining on the other side of the track. Thanks for posting that.It gives a lot of insight into that wreck.

r82of250

Established Member
I saw the 05 car there in the pits with a banged-up bumper, missing rear wing, etc. That was the car's last IMSA event.

1993R

Established Member
That's the wettest I have ever been.A tropical storm was blowing through. I sat and talked with Tom Kendall for like an hour that day real cool guy. Then saw him make the best pass in my life during the trans am race. In a pouring ran going down the hill into turn 12 he took Ron Fellows or Jack Baldwin on the inside for the lead...amazing stuff

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
My poor car....

That was so nasty. I had never seen that video before. The crazy part is watching that race it is like a never-ending wreck. The cars just keep piling in.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread