New Interior Pictures!!

66temp

Established Member
Well I painted the side inserts to match the center ones...tell me what you guys think!

P1010532.jpg

P1010534.jpg

P1010538.jpg

P1010537.jpg

wwmost

Established Member
it wasnt that hard right? what paint did you use? i love the way mine turned out

66temp

Established Member
wwmost said:
it wasnt that hard right? what paint did you use? i love the way mine turned out
I used the PPG paint, paint code #902178, pretty much a perfect match...

PPG Car Paints

12 oz. spray can

Wasn't hard at all, scrubbed them real well with some degreasing soap/water, and then I went over them lightly with some acetone, sanded a few spots and put 3 coats on them!

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
As a rule, I do not like painted inserts.

Yours look really good. Not over stated, simple and quality.

Good job! :thumbsup: \

E

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Damn that looks great!..........subtle yet it stands out.......should've been like that from Ford.

Nice job man:beer:

mustang_00

Established Member
hope you put a fairly thick clear coat on them. they scratch super easy and oddly enough if touched enough the paint will rub right off. i made that mistake and also painting the speaker (honeycomb) covers. it looked really awesome but i had never noticed that people scuff their shoes on them getting in and out of the car sometimes. so they got f'd too :( your's looks awesome!!! was anything written on the inside of the door jams?? mine says "yellow gt" in like crayon!?!?! it says that on the bottom of the door molding too.

66temp

Established Member
cobrkilrl said:
looks great and matches to. how in the heck did you get the side inserts off. i have been trying but can't get them. mechanics was not my best subject.
There is a little indentation on the top of the panel, carefully insert a flathead screwdriver with a rag on it, and lightly pry out the panel, you will hear it pop out, and then there is a clip on the bottom of it that must come out also. Then just undo the clip for the mirror adjustments and unscrew the wiring harness for the window switches :coolman:
mustang_00 said:
hope you put a fairly thick clear coat on them. they scratch super easy and oddly enough if touched enough the paint will rub right off. i made that mistake and also painting the speaker (honeycomb) covers. it looked really awesome but i had never noticed that people scuff their shoes on them getting in and out of the car sometimes. so they got f'd too :( your's looks awesome!!! was anything written on the inside of the door jams?? mine says "yellow gt" in like crayon!?!?! it says that on the bottom of the door molding too.
I put 3 thick coats on the pieces, I didn't clear them because I wanted them to match the center, and with clear on them, they would have been too shiny. The PPG paint is actually pretty durable from what I've heard, and it is designed to be a stand alone product used for interiors..I mean I know you can clear it but I didn't want the gloss!!!

If they get messed up I can always sand lightly and then repaint, takes two seconds!!!

Thanks everyone :coolman:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
As someone else said, I am not usually a fan of painted interior pieces but b/c yours are silver and they aren't too in-your-face I like them. Nice job.

Users who are viewing this thread