New kid on the block

jlbush

Established Member
Good Afternoon All:

Just wanted to post this up and introduce myself. My name is Jason I'm 26and have a black 03 cobra vert that I bought about a year ago (4/23/10) with 925 miles. It had a couple mods done already (2.8, UPR CAI, Superchips tune, Flowmaster 40s and catted X pipe)...I haven't done much, but since then I have gotten and SCT chip (flip switch) and had it tuned by HBH. Bought some replica 17x10.5s and it has some cheap 315s on it now. Have a firewall adjuster/quadrant and it came with a Steeda Tri-Ax, got a used Pro 5.0 (with less than 3k miles on it) didn't like it and finally put in the MGW with the shifter gasket. Oh and took down the lightning rod for a short antenna lol...

I've lived in Southern MD my whole life. Plan on going with a KB 2.6 and supporting mods when I can afford it and get my bank account back up to par!!! :-D I look forward to meeting you all and learning some more about these cars! I don't offer any special skills when it comes to cars, but I'm always willing to give a helping hand to fellow mustang/cobra owners (and some other domestics :D)

Oh and I'm also looking into getting some Borla Stingers, but not sure if it's going to be way too loud with and O/R H or even how it will sound (Yes I've looked on youtube, but it's still hard to tell until you hear it in person)...So if anybody has that setup I would love to hear it in person!! I'd also like to hear an O/R X and stingers just to give me an idea of how loud it will be :uh oh: Plus I want shiny pipes!! :beer:

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
925 miles? That thing must've been mint! :pepper:

I loved the Stingers on my '03! That's definitely my favorite sounding exhaust. Pretty loud, but not too bad with the stock H. My neighbors definitely knew when I was starting up the car, but rarely heard me come home...unless I wanted them to!

There are quite a few Southern MD'ers in the club, so you should see some other MACA Cobras around.

jlbush

Established Member
925 miles? That thing must've been mint! :pepper:

I loved the Stingers on my '03! That's definitely my favorite sounding exhaust. Pretty loud, but not too bad with the stock H. My neighbors definitely knew when I was starting up the car, but rarely heard me come home...unless I wanted them to!

There are quite a few Southern MD'ers in the club, so you should see some other MACA Cobras around.

Yeah it was in very good shape and I knew the guy who did the few mods to it. There was actually a small, no, TINY dent back by the tail light that he didn't even know was there, but he took some money off the price for that once I pointed it out (which I wasn't gonna argue with!) and I got it fixed for near nothing after all those dent repair people were in the waldorf area after that bad hail storm (May '10)...Oh and I was in Clinton putting on my H-pipe and another buddys H when I was under his car and saw ice bouncing off the driveway :eek: ...Ran out to my car during the storm and put my cover on as quick as possible...I was lucky it was very small hail (more like sleet if anything), didn't last long at all where I was and didn't do anything at all to it...Thank goodness!

Yeah I think if I had the stock H or high flow cats I would get it right now without concern, but with an O/R I think it's gonna be stupid loud! And yeah I'm young and still kinda like obnoxious and it's not my DD, but even I have my limits on whats too loud! lol

Looking forward to seeing/meeting a lot of SoMD cobras...Met a gentlemen by the name of Rodney (HURTNEM) with a mystic coupe sunday real nice guy who's a member with MACA and suggested I join!

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
There are several Terminators down here in St. Mary's. I've met only 3 that are in MACA, other than you. There is definitely a plethora of knowledge on these forums. Just gotta search for whatcha need. If you ever need anything done, TRBO_VNM is the man to talk to and he's not far from you. Absolutely professional.

I know there are at least 2 other Mystichrome coupes down here, mine and another fellow that works @ Pax, although I don't think he's a part of MACA.

I'm in the same boat you are: 26, shiny "new" Cobra and deep in Saint MURry's.

Get some pictures up! :beer:

jlbush

Established Member
There are several Terminators down here in St. Mary's. I've met only 3 that are in MACA, other than you. There is definitely a plethora of knowledge on these forums. Just gotta search for whatcha need. If you ever need anything done, TRBO_VNM is the man to talk to and he's not far from you. Absolutely professional.

I know there are at least 2 other Mystichrome coupes down here, mine and another fellow that works @ Pax, although I don't think he's a part of MACA.

I'm in the same boat you are: 26, shiny "new" Cobra and deep in Saint MURry's.

Get some pictures up! :beer:

Yeah I knew a guy once who went by jackers on here who was down that way...SRA, red, ported (?), and was thinking about an Auto too I believe, but that was a lonnngg time ago. Yeah and I aslo keep hearing about TRBO_VNM doing good work and his name is Jason too I believe.

I'll be traveling through your neck of the woods a lot more here coming up with summer right around the corner. Parents have a house down in Ridge and I go down there on weekends sometimes. My old stompin' grounds use to be down there in Abell in Seventh district where my cousin use to live...I never "lived" there but I might as well had! So, I'm decently familiar with St. Marys...

Well, next time I'm driving around I'll definitely have my eye open for ya! :beer:

jlbush

Established Member
Oh and I'll try to get some pics up! The pic I got up now came from my friends iphone and she had to post it on facebook just so that I had a pic of my own car!!! Sad I know, but I just got a droid so I'll try to get some pics up!

jlbush

Established Member

Thank you!! :beer:

Ok well I emailed myself some pics from my phone and then saved them to the desktop, but now I don't know how to add the photos from my computer on here? The 'Insert Image' button just allows me to enter a url for pics :mj: So maybe someone can school this noob....Nevermind searching how to for the time being to avoid :burn: ...:lol:

jlbush

Established Member
2011040918153128.jpg

0730001727.jpg

02 GT DD aka Beater and the cobra

0703001141a.jpg

0618000928.jpg

On the dyno!

0514001909.jpg

FML...Weathermen :bash:

Gosh I hope I did this right! *fingers crossed* FAIL

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Jason, nice meeting you and your friend and I'm glad you posted up. You'll be happy you did. We have a lot of good people in MACA and we have a good time when we get together. You'll hear lots of different exhaust combos at our GTGs as well, so hopefully someone will have what you're looking for. Again, welcome!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Welcome. There are a few of us down here in BFE. Myself, Jason, Rodney, Charles, Chris, Justin, Ginny, and a few "non-offical" members like Nick, and Ben. I don't think I forgot anyone, but I probably did. There are a bunch of us down here.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
Nice car! I have an 04 triple black vert . There is a vid on here with exhaust clips where you can hear almost all the different setups. I not sure where it is but I listened to them all when picking mine.

I looked at your mods. do you have subframe connectors? also is it lowered? have you put on a IRS brace and changed the bushings?

05Redfire

Established Member
Oh so now I am unofficial mike? That hurts man. Right here... (points down):fart:

And Hello OP!

As for your pics host em to photobucket... then just click the box they give you for a URL it auto copies it, then just paste it in the link when your making a post. I think there is a better write up as a sticky in the pics and video buffet.

jlbush

Established Member
Jason, nice meeting you and your friend and I'm glad you posted up. You'll be happy you did. We have a lot of good people in MACA and we have a good time when we get together. You'll hear lots of different exhaust combos at our GTGs as well, so hopefully someone will have what you're looking for. Again, welcome!

Absolutely! It was good meeting you too and looking forward to future events!

Welcome. There are a few of us down here in BFE. Myself, Jason, Rodney, Charles, Chris, Justin, Ginny, and a few "non-offical" members like Nick, and Ben. I don't think I forgot anyone, but I probably did. There are a bunch of us down here.

Sounds good look forward to meeting the whole gang. I'm down in Waldorf/LaPlata area a lot so if you see me flag me down!

Glad you joined. Some great people in MACA

Yeah I heard about it awhile ago, but Rodney gave me the final push :beer:

Thank you!

Welcome to MACA! I am sure you will enjoy your stay!

Thank you! I think you're right!

Put a few miles on that beauty and come see fellow MACA members at the 2011 Spring Meet.
LINK to 2011 Spring Meet
It would be great to meet you! Ben

Oh trust me it's got a "few miles" on it now just turned 9200 on her and it's not even my DD :shrug:

I was looking at your post with that Spring Meet at Fed Ex which is pretty close to me and I'm not completely sure if I'm coming yet, but I probably will! Once I know for sure I'll post in your thread and tell ya if I'm coming one way or another! Thanks for the invite and I'm sure I'll meet you in May or sometime in the next couple months.

Nice car! I have an 04 triple black vert . There is a vid on here with exhaust clips where you can hear almost all the different setups. I not sure where it is but I listened to them all when picking mine.

I looked at your mods. do you have subframe connectors? also is it lowered? have you put on a IRS brace and changed the bushings?

Yeah I went to the exhaust board and some of the links are broken and I couldn't find the combo I'm looking for (atleast I'm pretty sure it wasn't up there) either it was an X or catted H or had O/R H but long tubes...However, I think once I hear that setup or even a O/R X and Stinger combo in person and maybe go for a ride and hear it (see if it drones or not too) I'll be able to make the decision!

Oh and to answer your questions: no no no no lol...I just put an LPW rear diff cover since mine was leaking and dumby me didn't get the IRS brace while it was being done :bash: Not sure if I'll be lowering it yet or not...I've found some pretty cool mud flaps that I might put on instead :thumbsup: And as far as subframes and bushings I need to do my homework some more and see whats best for this hoppin bunny I got on my hands.

Oh so now I am unofficial mike? That hurts man. Right here... (points down):fart:

And Hello OP!

As for your pics host em to photobucket... then just click the box they give you for a URL it auto copies it, then just paste it in the link when your making a post. I think there is a better write up as a sticky in the pics and video buffet.

Ok thanks for the info...I'll try it again...I looked in the "One hour photo" thread and read the sticky on how to do it, but I obviously didn't catch something! I don't know how the heck I got my Sig/Avatar pic on here :dw: I did that back in like July or August of last year I think...I could of sworn there was a thing that let you browse and pull it off your harddrive.

jlbush

Established Member
0703001141a.jpg

0618000928.jpg

On the dyno!

0514001909.jpg

Weathermen...bigger liars than fisherman!

2011-04-09_18-15-31_28.jpg

Missing a few things under there :banana:

0730001727.jpg

02 GT DD and the cobra...Yes, I should have switched the order and have the Cobra in front........by 10 car lengths :rockon:

Why do I get the feeling I just wasted 10 minutes?! :loser:

LMAO...I KNEW IT...*sigh*

951MystiCobra

Cobraless and Lurking.
Established Member
Welcome!! You'll love it here! Great group of guys (and girls!). Including the "non-official" ones.... :p :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread