New MACh 1 //

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
Hi All,

First, great forum!

Second, I just picked up a 2004 MACh 1 (w/ 13K miles), should be in this week (had it shipped from IL).

I had a 03 GT before ...

Any issues or known gotcha's with the MACh's. I am not going to go crazy with mods for now, just going to make some noise and see how long that lasts. Perhaps down the road, a blower with a safe tune ... we will see.

Kindly advise with the any thoughts, comments or concerns.

Thank you for your support!

Bryan

clc44

Established Member
O/R x pipe will help ya make some noise and either weld in's or a nice CB. These cars love a gear, maybe 4.30's or even 4.56's. Have fun and enjoy!!

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
TOP OF THE LIST if you were me
Driver Mod
Shifter
Cat back
Mid pipe

Then still cheap but more serious
4.10 gear or higher
Intake spacer (I hear they add a few for cheap)
LT headers
CAI (will help imo, but not the best band for the buc on a Mach with the scoop)
Finally a tune and a mid 12 second or better Mach 1?

Bads: 1-2 synchros suck on a lot of them I hear, the 28 spline axles are not hard slick launch proof,, the internals are only SAFE for 450 rwhp, though some go higher.

Good luck

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
I guess I'll be the first to say welcome lol :beer:

if you want to take the modding easy at first I would stick with exhasut and cai. If you want gears the highest i would go would be 4.10s (for a street car) if you take it to the track a lot probably go higher 4.30 or 4.56

clc44

Established Member
Welcome!! My buddy has 4.30's and at 80 he's around 2800 RPMS. Just have fun and enjoy your car. These cars can be a lot of fun!!

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
Thanks to all for the feedback.

The car comes in tomorrow, cant wait.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
If it is a 5 speed. get an after market shifter and firewall adjuster quadrent set and save your 2nd gear syncros. the fiore set is highly recommended and can be bought from lethal performance for a great price.

also Mach1registry.org is a wonderful source of info for anything mach 1

Welcome to the wonderful world of mach.

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
The car came in today. I love it, big fan. Once I get it clean I will post some pics.

EVO-lution

Established Member
you forgot about the infamous head tick issue. Maybe check with a local ford dealer and run the VIN to see if it had the updated driver side head replaced. if not...Head cooling MOD FTW.

I would do a catback, mid pipe, CAI, mani. spacer and gears. if you do the CAI and mani. spacer DEFINITELY get it dyno tuned. it'll run better and you get more power from it. oh and maybe go on M1R and register there. you can get the "Shaker Air Diverter"

clc44

Established Member
What exhaust is on your car? Or did they just change the tips... Suck a clean Mach man, oh and the rear of the Saleen looks amazing!

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
Bassani SS cat back ..... sounds good. I hope it will sound better when the H Pipe is installed this week.

Users who are viewing this thread