New Mach1 or Bullitt?

fangstang

Established Member
For me, I'd love to see a very low key appearance for the Bullitt. No extra badges, embroidery, or anything else tacky. Give me highland green paint, nice torque thrusts in grey, quad exhaust, black leather recaros, a manual tranny, full electronics pkge, and 500hp would be great too.

smitty2919

Established Member
For me, I'd love to see a very low key appearance for the Bullitt. No extra badges, embroidery, or anything else tacky. Give me highland green paint, nice torque thrusts in grey, quad exhaust, black leather recaros, a manual tranny, full electronics pkge, and 500hp would be great too.

Buy a GT, paint it green, add race seats, switch wheels and add SC then smile because you saved a lot of money :)

Branhammer

Established Member

This. I want to see exactly this. No badges, scoops, or spoiler at all. True to the original.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
This. I want to see exactly this. No badges, scoops, or spoiler at all. True to the original.
As in the '01? Which had a fake hood scoop, and a bullitt badge on the decklid and door sills?

The one in the movie wasn't a "bullitt," it was just a mustang GT fastback. The '01 was named after a movie, not a special edition.

Branhammer

Established Member
As in the '01? Which had a fake hood scoop, and a bullitt badge on the decklid and door sills?

The one in the movie wasn't a "bullitt," it was just a mustang GT fastback. The '01 was named after a movie, not a special edition.

I know, but the one from the movie is the one off of which all others are based, so in my heart, it's the original. The 2001 was fine, but the fake scoop and Bullitt badges were lame. It also had "GT" fender badges. Also lame. They did a much better job with the 2008 model.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I know, but the one from the movie is the one off of which all others are based, so in my heart, it's the original. The 2001 was fine, but the fake scoop and Bullitt badges were lame. It also had "GT" fender badges. Also lame. They did a much better job with the 2008 model.

lol the 2008 had badges all over the place, but a functional hood. I thought the 2001 badge was better. The 2008 was cheesy as hell.

Branhammer

Established Member
lol the 2008 had badges all over the place, but a functional hood. I thought the 2001 badge was better. The 2008 was cheesy as hell.

Oh that's right, the 2008 had a big ass center badge on the back. That was stupid. But it didn't have GT fender badges, at least. And no pony in the grill. Also, the hood was plain-Jane. What do you mean by "functional?"

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good god you just almost sold me a Mustang that doesn't exists.

Branhammer

Established Member
546b5cf39b348_-_2008-ford-bullitt-mustang-lg.jpg

No badges other than the rear badge and no scoops.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Oh that's right, the 2008 had a big ass center badge on the back. That was stupid. But it didn't have GT fender badges, at least. And no pony in the grill. Also, the hood was plain-Jane. What do you mean by "functional?"

It had the cross hair badging on the steering wheel and gauges as well, IIRC.

From an article at the reveal of the 2008 bullitt

The hood liner was extensively modified to provide a full seal to the air box, ensuring that the engine is fed a steady diet of cooler air.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I can't believe people are still asking 25k for a low mileage '08 bullitt.

Branhammer

Established Member
I can't believe people are still asking 25k for a low mileage '08 bullitt.

Wow that's retarded. I'll just buy a Cobra, thanks. I agree on the '08 badges. I think, in general, they could have done better with both the '01 and '08. I feel like they did a better job on the '08, but I'd take an '01 simply because that body style looks WAY better than the 05-09 IMO.

My main point is that if they are going to bring back the Bullitt, it needs to be totally de-badged, no spoiler, no scoops, in DHG only (who the **** thought offering them in black or blue was a good idea? Kill them) and torque thrust wheels. No stupid gimmicky interior either. Nice and clean all around. I'd also love to see them throw in a slightly higher-displacement coyote engine making close to 500 hp.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Wow that's retarded. I'll just buy a Cobra, thanks. I agree on the '08 badges. I think, in general, they could have done better with both the '01 and '08. I feel like they did a better job on the '08, but I'd take an '01 simply because that body style looks WAY better than the 05-09 IMO.

My main point is that if they are going to bring back the Bullitt, it needs to be totally de-badged, no spoiler, no scoops, in DHG only (who the **** thought offering them in black or blue was a good idea? Kill them) and torque thrust wheels. No stupid gimmicky interior either. Nice and clean all around. I'd also love to see them throw in a slightly higher-displacement coyote engine making close to 500 hp.

The '01 could have been better, but they had zero budget. It wasn't even really an official project until someone put out a drawing at an auto show or something and was a big hit. Biggest thing that irks me is the fake hood scoop.

Users who are viewing this thread