New magnaflow catback

ericnolan661

Established Member
Magnaflow called me us and asked if they could use my car to devlop a new exhaust system. What they have come up with is quite a bit deeper and smoother than stock. Dual mode still works, the difference is less drastic than stock. It is Less raspy, but still sexy as heck. Obviously exhaust is subjective, so to each his own. As a bonus it picked up about 15 ponies!!! [video]https://youtu.be/0N3D1pp0AMs[/video]

picture.php

65sohc

Established Member
Especially since the open exhaust mode is straight through. It also added a miraculous amount of torque.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Well I was wondering if maybe a magnaflow exhaust on this car would change my mind about magnaflow but no dice. Never heard anything magnaflow I've ever liked.

bpmurr

Established Member
Well I was wondering if maybe a magnaflow exhaust on this car would change my mind about magnaflow but no dice. Never heard anything magnaflow I've ever liked.

Magnadrone is a better name.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Im skeptical about 15rwhp from a catback when the factory is pretty damn good, with no kinks and a can be straight through muffler. My only guess is the lower number is after a few pulls and a little power dropped from heat, and then the CB installed and re dynoed with cooler engine temps

65sohc

Established Member
I am always suspicious of test data generated and publicized by someone that is selling/promoting/featuring the product. It will be interesting to see someone who is not a vendor and does not receive the product for free do some testing. This goes for the 30 whp JLT intake as well. When I get my car in the spring I'm going to test the negative pressure in front of the throttle body at WOT like I did in my Boss to see how restrictive the factory system is.

Rios302

Established Member
I personally dont see the need to modify the gt350 exhaust. It already offer the best of both worlds, it sounds amazing wide open and neighborhood friendly in quite mode. Once I get mine, it will probably stay wide open all the time :D

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Eric, thanks again for use of your car! It's an incredible machine. We're pleased with how this system came out, it takes the standard GT350 exhaust and really lets it breathe. If anyone has any questions, feel free to give us a call or shoot us a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread