New McLaren Artura- V6 TT hybrid

gofast15

Established Member
Nothing crazy , just a sport series [570S] replacement - 8 speed DCT , 3300lbs , 3.0L V6 with hybrid making 671HP .
Sounds pretty good for a V6 engine .

The 2022 McLaren Artura is the brand's first series-production high-performance hybrid. It packs a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 that alone produces 577 hp (430 kW) and 431 pound-feet (584 newton-meters). The "E-Motor," located within the transmission bell housing, adds an additional 94 hp (70 kW) and 166 lb-ft (225 Nm), bringing the total combined output to a hearty 671 hp (500 kW) and 593 lb-ft (804 Nm).

That powertrain is paired exclusively to a new eight-speed dual-clutch transmission.

The Artura is the first vehicle in the lineup to use the brand's new McLaren Carbon Lightweight Architecture (or, MCLA). Engineers designed this platform specifically to accommodate hybrid powertrains such as this, with superformed aluminum and carbon fiber allowing for shapely proportions while keeping weight to a minimum.

All told, the McLaren Artura weighs in at 3,303 pounds (or 3,075 pounds dry). The hybrid components – like the motor and battery pack – only weigh 287 pounds combined. The battery pack weighs 194 pounds while the E-Motor clocks in at 34 pounds. The gas engine, meanwhile, weighs 353 pounds – which makes it 110 pounds lighter than the previous V8

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Expecting this to offer some performance that punches above its weight.

Had hoped for some more aggressive styling...

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Keep seeing it and my first thought is NSX...not that i would kick one of those outta the garage, but still

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Had hoped for some more aggressive styling...

Just wait two years. The next model or maybe the one after that will have louvered fenders, air scoops in the front center bumper that exit out scoops in the hood like a Pista, and a "race" wing on it.

I still think the P1 is the best looking modern McLaren.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Sounds way better than a FGT
Listen to the Heffner Performance titanium exhaust for the FGT. It sounds amazing. I love the sound of the 2JZ and RB26. I have a G37 Coupe as a daily and I think the VQ engines sound good as well.

I have never heard an Ecoboost I thought sounded good until I heard the Heffner titanium exhaust on the FGT.

patc84

Established Member
Listen to the Heffner Performance titanium exhaust for the FGT. It sounds amazing. I love the sound of the 2JZ and RB26. I have a G37 Coupe as a daily and I think the VQ engines sound good as well.

I have never heard an Ecoboost I thought sounded good until I heard the Heffner titanium exhaust on the FGT.

Yes, the Ecoboost FGT sounds nasty with that setup. We did an in house install on one.

Users who are viewing this thread