New McLeod RXT - Chatter/Rattle

TexasShelby

Established Member
Just had my new RXT and flywheel installed and from what I've read I'm supposed to do a 500 mile easy city driving. That an excercise in patience for sure.

But I have noticed at 2800 rpm there is a chatter/rattle. It goes to 4000 rpm, but I haven't taken it above that to see if it ends, it actually sounds a lot like an old mechanical speedo or tach cable that's about to die, but with about 200 miles on it and I took it for another drive this morning, it doesn't seem to be as pronounced nor last as long. Now 2800 rpm to 3500. I haven't taken it above 4000.

Have any ideas what it might be?

Entrenched

Established Member
Just had my new RXT and flywheel installed and from what I've read I'm supposed to do a 500 mile easy city driving. That an excercise in patience for sure.

But I have noticed at 2800 rpm there is a chatter/rattle. It goes to 4000 rpm, but I haven't taken it above that to see if it ends, it actually sounds a lot like an old mechanical speedo or tach cable that's about to die, but with about 200 miles on it and I took it for another drive this morning, it doesn't seem to be as pronounced nor last as long. Now 2800 rpm to 3500. I haven't taken it above 4000.

Have any ideas what it might be?

I don't have a shelby but in my 5.0 it took about 700 miles for the chatter to go completely away. For the last 3-400 miles I've had zero chatter.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Like Entrenched said, you need to give a little more break in, and not so much of east driving, but driving that varies in RPM and requires changing gears. You can hammer it a little, that's not a problem, but you need to vary the RPM and change gears. It all should go away after a few hundred miles.

Users who are viewing this thread