New member and 1st cobra

genoapb

Established Member
I just picked this car up a couple weeks ago. Pics kinda suck and the car is kinda dirty but ill get better ones when the wheels are polished back up and that ugly stripe is removed. Its almost time to park it for the winter so im planning on installing some 4.10's, long tube headers and cams while its resting. The only other thing done so far is cai and flowmaster cat back. I could really use some suggestions on a good set of nitrous cams and which headers to get. This will be a progressive build and I realize cams may not be the best option at this stage but I want some lope to my idle. I cant think of anything that sounds better than a cammed V8! The car will mostly be street driven but since I drag race quads right now im sure it wont be long before it starts to frequent the drag track. Once it comes time to install some forged rods and pistons, whats the most compression I can get away with running on the street with 93 octane? Any suggestions you guys have would be great. Thanks
586089-100_0713.JPG
586092-100_0714.JPG

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
im kinda new around here to.this is a really good forum as far as nice helpful people go . the car must be an out of state car? the front plate brkt? im in mich also 48067. let me know if you need any help.

genoapb

Established Member
Thanks, the car was from out of state and I need to rip that front plate thing off too. I checked a few sites and this seemed to be the best. Cant wait to start the mods!

jcf661

Adrenaline Rush
Established Member
good looking ride, that car has a ton of potential. Sounds like your already on your to way to those first few mods. you will soon be addicted just like the rest of us. welcome and have fun with it.

slosnake

Established Member
The wheels remind me of the old school Crager SS wheels I had in my 68 Mustang back in high school, I LOVE THEM!!!!! What kind are they?? If you wanna get rid of them let me know!!!

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Nice ride man, welcome to the site. This is the best svt site on the internet. There is always someone on here with the right answers.

03SBSVT

Banned
nitrous isn't the best way to make power with these cars, the most i've seen is with a 302 stroker and ported heads/intake and cams and etc. etc. and the car made 360rwhp NA with 11.5:1 compression, you're much better off with a supercharged 8.5:1 combo, it'll make more power and it will always be constant, and while you're at it, you might as well swap to the terminator heads and go with a sullivan intake, JM 2 cents, enjoy the new car!

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
genoapb said:
Thanks, the car was from out of state and I need to rip that front plate thing off too. I checked a few sites and this seemed to be the best. Cant wait to start the mods!

Welcome...clean looking snake. Keep in mind that if you ripoff the front plate, you'll be stuck with four holes in the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread