New Member here

Z71Eater

SVT FX4 FTW!
Established Member
Hey guys, did'nt really see an intro section.

My name is Jack and I drive an 02 FX4 extended cab, all stock now except for an intake, spray in bedliner and tires really. I bought it new and it currently has 135,000 miles on the ticker and really runs and drives like the day I bought it, truly a testament to Ford build quality. I do a little recreational 4 wheeling, mostly just taking me, family and friends camping. I also use it to tow my racecar and in general, besides being a DD it gets used as a Truck.

I'll be looking to upgrade the power slowly with bolt ons at first now, but later I'd like to do a built shortblock with a power adder, either a centri or possibly a Lightning topswap, I like the idea of the topswap using factory components and for the torque a roots blower provides.

I'd also like to do some suspension and brake upgrades, I've been thinking about upgrading the rear brakes up to the 250 or 350 rear calipers. Don't these trucks share a rear axle? Has anyone done this?

Enough for now, I don't want to wear out my welcome at the best Blue Oval site on the net! :beer:

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP...IIRC your truck has a 9.75" rear while the SuperDutys have a 10.5" ? rear. The 2v trucks do run quite well. I just parted ways with my 99 with the Off Road package...160,000 miles on a stock spark-knock motor that would run door-to-door with a Hemi (as long as it had an 1/8th tank of gas) up to 90.

Users who are viewing this thread