New member of the club

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
11 second club that is:coolman:

Went to the SCMC/MGW drag day in Jackson, SC today. Finally got to try out the 315 Nitto DR's.

I kept flirting with an 11 second run all day: 12.15, 12.15, 12.12, 12.09, 12.04 etc. etc.

At the end of the event, I had let the car cool for ~45 minutes while a slight breeze was blowing. The temps dropped a hair and a made my last run of the day. I could have stayed but decided that since I hadn't broken anything, it was a good day, especially after a buddy blew the engine in his L. He still ran an 11.62 after blowing it at the 1000' mark.

Anyway, the last run was

1.81 60'
7.72@93 1/8th
[email protected] 1/4

I didn't powershift either, I don't doubt that the car has 11.60's in it with cooler air and power shifting.

I was just starting to get the feel of the Nittos but thought it wise to call it a day. :burnout:

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
CONGRATS MAN! :) Good numbers! REALLY NICE 60! What mods ya runnin? :)

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Predator pulley tune with a 2.76 upper
MAC O/R H and MAC catback
K&N bigmouth filter
Nitto 315DR's

Note, this includes a set of industrial strength subframe connectors and jacking rails (weighed in at 52 lbs :eek: ) and my 268lb self:lol1:

Last edited:

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
HAHAHA man thats awesome! Again great #'s! Im proud my my svtp boys! :) Can wait to see more numbers this summer with the procharger, and whipple, and the like! Man how did u get that 60? Were u just slipping the hell outta the clutch?

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Originally posted by B03Cobra
Man how did u get that 60? Were u just slipping the hell outta the clutch?

Yup. I didn't get a hint of tire slip on that run so I know I can get 1.7's with them. There was another '03 there that was gettin low 1.7's with his but he had QUITE a few passes on his and knew what to expect. Now I do as well.:thumbsup:

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
:) You got a new clutch yet? :) heheh thats the only way I can get good 60's, my clutch was gone after one summer. :)

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
:) man that rocks! Mine musta just ummm been broken somehow? :) Muahahaha

Willywig

Established Member
Sorry to Hijack but

B03Cobra,

Do you run at Rocky Mountain Raceway? I never saw a vert there only 1 Sonic 1 Silver, ane me Redfire....

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
I've only seen one other Cobra running around as well hehe its good to know more exsist here! I have seen a DSG one running around with BEAR paw bumper stickers! I was like Bumper stickers on a Cobra?!?!? WTF some old dude was driving it heh.

Willywig

Established Member
I raced Last Summer... The track really Sucks... Especially On midnight Drags (they don't prep the track)... Plus at a Elevation of 4225... I am getting my YTI soon there is a drivers meeting Mar 3rd. So I will be going to Test and Tune Events. I think the price has been raised it was 5 to watch last year and 10 to race.. don't know about this year... I perfer Wendover. Or Las Vegas.. A Ton over RMR

Willywig

Established Member
I Know of at leat 10 others... There is a Saleen Cobra in provo... And I mostly see Verts... But not during The winter I am the only one crazy enough to be driving this winter....

Last edited:

Willywig

Established Member
My Best was a 13.8... Stock... I did not start modding till After the season was over

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Awesome, I have a few friends in Denver with a few bolt ons they are running mid 11's, Ive done all the Cobra bolt ons, but I hear the test and tune nights really arnt very good. What are some fast times out there for other cars? I am thinking about making a trip there this summer, but with no track prep that would just suck...

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
And yes Vegas rocks. I didnt know there was a track in Wendover? Thats awesome, how is it?

Users who are viewing this thread