new member of the family

saleenkid01

Established Member
picked this up yesterday. havent got all the details on it yet. but have talked to several people who know the car and the shop that built it. i even found out that tasca automotive did build a few kr500's in 03. there are a few threads on here about them making the kr500, so it is legit. anyway, its an 03 cobra with a 2.8 kenne bell. dont know all the supposting mods yet. has a built tremec tranny. car made 687rwhp/581rwtq. ill try to post more pics later

090.jpg

089.jpg

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Guess Tasca/Amazon did a joint project and 1 coupe and 1 convertible were done.

Tasca Ford/Amazon KR500 - Page 2 - ModularFords.com

"Both cars were tuned by Rick from Amazon. The black convertible, which was my personal car for 16,000 miles, was here two weeks ago and running just fine. The white coupe, built for David Tasca, was in for an oil change last spring and was also running fine. Although we have not used Amazon for some time, this decision had nothing to do with the two cars mentioned above. They made great power and were a tremendous value. I'll gladly answer any other question regarding these cars.

Carl Tasca, Jr.
Tasca Automotive Group"

saleenkid01

Established Member
thanks for that info. i hadnt seen that before. i worked at tasca for a little while and knew about the cars. i thought they had made a few more. but i guess a 1 of 2 car is pretty good.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
I would leave all the decals on since its a rare car. How did you find it?

saleenkid01

Established Member
good find on the craigs list ad. hadnt seen that before. it was actually for sale at a local dealership and thats where i picked it up. i talked to tasca ford who originally made it a kr500. i also talked to the guys that did the kenne bell install with all the supporting mods and they told me the car was no joke. its actually going to them tomorrow so i can get ALL the info and some race gas.

saleenkid01

Established Member
and from what tasca told me yes, there were 2 kr500's made. the one i just bought and a black convertible. they also told me there were 2 kr700's made. i believe one was yellow. not sure on the other one.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
good find on the craigs list ad. hadnt seen that before. it was actually for sale at a local dealership and thats where i picked it up. i talked to tasca ford who originally made it a kr500. i also talked to the guys that did the kenne bell install with all the supporting mods and they told me the car was no joke. its actually going to them tomorrow so i can get ALL the info and some race gas.

See if you can get whatever documentation they might still have.

How many miles on the car and what did you end up paying?

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Bad Ass, very nice ride, congrats, I would feel bad beating the hell out of it....for a few minutes anyway....lol, H.

Users who are viewing this thread