New Member - Previous Evo owner!! Video of me racing a Terminator included...

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
fellow evo owner here also, my evo ix se dynoed at 381awhp when i raced a pullied 03 cobra with cai, exhaust and a tune, and i had him by about 4 cars.

an evo like yours and mine, and now us being in cobra we would need a ported blower with supporting mods, BAP, cai, x-pipe, HE, 2.76 upper and a 4# lower, and a sick tune should get it done nicley, goodluck
I will call bs on pulling a pullied cobra 4 cars with only 381awhp. Here is a video for reference. Full weight you are not making up a 70-80rwhp difference with only 350lbs or so less weight. But I guess anything can happen on the street. It is definately not the norm!![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZBm-U9PY4&feature=related"]YouTube - Couple of cobra's vs My Evo[/ame]

Last edited:

AaronK

Established Member
The EVO owners that I have encountered have all been absolutely full of themselves. They act like they're God's gift to the racing world and now one could possibly beat their 30psi, meth injected 4 cyl!

Anyways, I realize not all evo owners are like that. Just saying all the ones I've met are.

If you want to make 500rwhp (without nitrous) there's two ways to go about it, IMO. The cheap way, and the right way. Sometimes those two can go hand in hand.

The less expensive way:
Port your own blower or send it to POSI! (there is no other option here)
2.76 upper (you might need a lower, you might not. You should be pretty damn close with just an upper)
JLT RAI
Flowmaster catback (or whatever brand you can find the cheapest)
SCT chip w/dynotune
... you MIGHT need a MAFia and/or BAP.

The better way to go about getting 500rwhp
Posi ported blower, tb, and plenum
BF 2.8 upper/ Metco 4lb lower
BF 100mm Snub Idler
BAP
MAFia
JLT RAI
Bassani or Borla Catback
O/R midpipe (H or X)
D'agostino racing head cooling mod or the Even Flow cooling mod.
SCT handheld tuner w/dynotune

I wouldn't recommend you do any of this without changing shifters, install full length subframe connectors, and install and IRS brace.

Last edited:

Jr Mint

Established Member
That KB car rocked him! I have yet to pull up to anything crazy in my whipple car. i'm sure it would rape a lot of things on the road though!

St_Evo

Established Member
Welcome, why did u decide to jump over to the American Muscle side being that your last Evo was so fast?

My dad has worked for GM for 25 years and he has a restored '67 Nova and a new 2010 Camaro SS2 and so im not new to the American side of things. I bought a WRX a few years ago and loved the AWD in the winter here in West Virginia but I wanted something faster...so I bought an Evo. Im not really a huge Ford fan but I have always like the Terminators so when my uncle decided to get rid of his I decided to try it out. I like the cars but I dont know enough about them to make them fast while putting on good mods and not having to re-spend my money to replace the things I "should have" gotten in the 1st place.

The Evo's are fast cars and they run great but im getting older and I want something people respect. When I drove an Evo I felt like I always had to prove something to the V-8 guys... now I feel like I have to set an example to the 4cylinder guys! Lol

what part of WV?

Im from Clarksburg, WV. Its pretty close to Morgantown.

St_Evo

Established Member
I will call bs on pulling a pullied cobra 4 cars with only 381awhp.

I will have to back you on that one unless he dyno's 380+ on a Mustang dyno. When I ran the Cobra in that video he was about 600lbs heavier and only about 60hp more. I was kinda suprised that he didnt catch me to 150mph though b/c we both stayed on it until I let off. The Corvette blew by me at 135 but I held him off from 35-130mph... Lol.

The EVO owners that I have encountered have all been absolutely full of themselves. They act like they're God's gift to the racing world and now one could possibly beat their 30psi, meth injected 4 cyl!

Anyways, I realize not all evo owners are like that. Just saying all the ones I've met are.

Most Evo guys are cocky when it comes to their cars. I was a little bit...
That is why I need your guys' help with this project. Show me how to built a fast Cobra where I can see the value in a heavy car with a big motor b/c that is probably what im going to be driving for the next few years. My next car will be a C6 Z06 or a GT500 for sure.

Vmnous285

Established Member
My dad has worked for GM for 25 years and he has a restored '67 Nova and a new 2010 Camaro SS2 and so im not new to the American side of things. I bought a WRX a few years ago and loved the AWD in the winter here in West Virginia but I wanted something faster...so I bought an Evo. Im not really a huge Ford fan but I have always like the Terminators so when my uncle decided to get rid of his I decided to try it out. I like the cars but I dont know enough about them to make them fast while putting on good mods and not having to re-spend my money to replace the things I "should have" gotten in the 1st place.

The Evo's are fast cars and they run great but im getting older and I want something people respect. When I drove an Evo I felt like I always had to prove something to the V-8 guys... now I feel like I have to set an example to the 4cylinder guys! Lol

Im from Clarksburg, WV. Its pretty close to Morgantown.

yea I know where thats at. I go up for all the WVU games.

AaronK

Established Member

I understand this 100%... I drove around a V6 for a while (years ago). No matter how fast it is, it's difficult to get respect from many people. Always felt like I had to prove myself.

Most Evo guys are cocky when it comes to their cars. I was a little bit...
That is why I need your guys' help with this project. Show me how to built a fast Cobra where I can see the value in a heavy car with a big motor b/c that is probably what im going to be driving for the next few years. My next car will be a C6 Z06 or a GT500 for sure.

I don't mean to pick apart your post but the 03/04 Cobra, in comparison, has a relatively small motor compared to other V8 muscle/sport cars. It also is pretty light weight when compared to the new muscle cars that just came out i.e. the camaro, challenger, charger, etc. Granted it's not light compared to a civic but it's not too bad when put up against other similar cars. You can easily loose around 100-150lbs with just by taking some things out of the car. You can further the weight reduction of these cars by spending a little bit of money and getting them around the same weight as a new corvette.

I'm sure someone has already posted this up, but read this Terminator FAQs

After going through that, search here at SVTP and post up any questions you have. There's quite a bit of knowledge here and plenty of us are willing to help.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Pick up a used 2.3 Whipple or KB blower with Inj, Boost a pump, Single blade TB, SCT MAF or Diablo Mafia and an O/R midpipe and say hello to 600rwhp. Used blowers can be had for 2-2500. Then upgrade the drivetrain, ie irs brace, clutch, quadrant etc... A few suspension mods and you have a pretty reliable 600rwhp, 130+ trap capable car.

Keep in mind a coupe is listed 3665lbs. Removing the spare tire and jack and switching to a o/r midpipe will get you under 3600lbs. As was mentioned earlier, these cars are not that heavy compared to the newer GT500, camaro etc...

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member

Yeah, and all the other 4 bangers, that wish they had an EVO, are full of themselves also. What accomplishment you get out of tricking a 4 door Galant or a station wagon Accord?:rollseyes

I'm glad the OP jumped into a Terminator. He shoulda start this thread by bragging on his new Stang instead of his old EVO.
He's right about one thing 4 bangers dont get any respect from guys with V8s. Whether he pull them by 4 cars or not, Still NO RESPECT!

St_Evo

Established Member
yea I know where thats at. I go up for all the WVU games.

Cool, get a hold of us one day when you are heading up there and we will meet up! I go to all the games also.. Dont know if I will want to watch the games this year though. :shrug:

I'm glad the OP jumped into a Terminator. He shoulda start this thread by bragging on his new Stang instead of his old EVO.
He's right about one thing 4 bangers dont get any respect from guys with V8s. Whether he pull them by 4 cars or not, Still NO RESPECT!

I wasnt trying to brag about how fast Evo's are but I know them well and they can be very quick cars for little money. As far as respect goes...Im not really sure if the local V-8 guys respect me or not but I can guarantee they werent running me for money! Lol...

I just bought the Cobra b/c I like it and b/c its impossible to beat the sound of them. As far as speed goes im still a little bit skeptical but I want to read and learn a lot about them b/c I know they have a lot of potental to be fast so we will see if its a good fit for me... and if not.. thats fine too. There are tons of cars out there but I think im going to like this one!

St_Evo

Established Member
+1 This by far the best forum i have ever joined. Most of the guys on here know there sh*t!! :rockon:

This is a great forum. It is well organized and the members seem to know their shit. I am looking forward to getting this car running great..

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
Yea, Evo's run great for little money. Unfortunately they are still 4 bangers and they are really expensive to maintain being AWD.

The one I have my eye on is my buddies Buschur Built Evo that laid down 470awhp on Buschur's Mustang dyno. Man that car is fast...

yea man, that car is more then likely an animal if david did the work and tuning on the car. I would stay away from that thing unless you do a ported blower and all supporting mods, and its still prolly going to pull you lol

my advice, get the ported blower and go from a low roll where he has lag, jump out front and try and stay there, you might take him from a slow roll

goodluck

DarkEvo9

Established Member
I am the guy with the Buschur Evo. I gotta admit this site is top notch and you guys are very cool about helping him out. I went for a ride today in St_Evo's cobra and even got to drive it haha. Its a very cool car and I know he will be nipping at my heels soon haha. I think I was more excited about him getting the car than he was because I love the sound and potential of these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread