New Member with AB mach 1

buckinwild

Established Member
Long tubes or nothing is basically all I hear. I'm looking into the SSS catback presently, probably what I'm going to get, completely polished stainless steel front to tips, straight thru mufflers rolled tips that mimic stock tips and very affordable. And they sound pretty good also. I too was considering either stingers or bassani until i was enlightened to the SSS catback.

Last edited:

buckinwild

Established Member
haha not anymore, the car wash ate my giant antenna the other day! Idk if thats a good thing or not :shrug:
I got an antenna from american muscle that sets right level with the roofline maybe 16" long, no problems with reception. I normally remove mine before rolling into the carwashes btw, just carry a 1/4" or whatever size wrench in console.

c-bskt

Established Member
I got an antenna from american muscle that sets right level with the roofline maybe 16" long, no problems with reception. I normally remove mine before rolling into the carwashes btw, just carry a 1/4" or whatever size wrench in console.

yea I guess I will order a shorty when i order a catback!

Long tubes or nothing is basically all I hear. I'm looking into the SSS catback presently, probably what I'm going to get, completely polished stainless steel front to tips, straight thru mufflers rolled tips that mimic stock tips and very affordable. And they sound pretty good also. I too was considering either stingers or bassani until i was enlightened to the SSS catback.

Ive heard that for undercar accessibility (transmission wise) longtubes are a no go. I have also heard that mid lengths are similar in power? :shrug: Idk though, im new to the v8 thing haha. I love the sss catbacks, they sound amazing and cant beat the price. Are you looking into the terminator or adrenaline series?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
yea I guess I will order a shorty when i order a catback!

Ive heard that for undercar accessibility (transmission wise) longtubes are a no go. I have also heard that mid lengths are similar in power? :shrug: Idk though, im new to the v8 thing haha. I love the sss catbacks, they sound amazing and cant beat the price. Are you looking into the terminator or adrenaline series?

The MAC long tubes are the only ones I know of that make tranny removal tough. BBK, Kooks, SLP are all options to make life easier. IIRC

Just get LT's and call it a day.

Gears are a great bang for the buck mod as well. 4.30's FTW

clc44

Established Member

Was it me who enlightened you ;)

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Was it me who enlightened you ;)

Who enlightened you :beer:

Maybe was pho_phizzat or you I'm not certain, can't wait to get it ordered, put on and def. will get some pics and vids posted up asap.

Amen brother. Glad WE can help. :beer: Make sure you order through Johnandrenea on Mach1registry he will hook you up with deal!

c-bskt

Established Member
The MAC long tubes are the only ones I know of that make tranny removal tough. BBK, Kooks, SLP are all options to make life easier. IIRC

Just get LT's and call it a day.

Gears are a great bang for the buck mod as well. 4.30's FTW

Well that sucks, Ive heard good things about MAC lt's. And they are the cheapest it seems.

Im planning on going with 4.10's soon!

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Mac LTs ftw!! not biased at all lol

Trans removal actually isn't that bad if you know what youre doing. Changed my clutch out a few months ago and we just removed the Passenger header, they say you can loosen it and slide the trans out but we said screw it.

From what I've seen the Mac LTs dont hang quite as low as some of the other brands

c-bskt

Established Member
Mac LTs ftw!! not biased at all lol

Trans removal actually isn't that bad if you know what youre doing. Changed my clutch out a few months ago and we just removed the Passenger header, they say you can loosen it and slide the trans out but we said screw it.

From what I've seen the Mac LTs dont hang quite as low as some of the other brands

Well that doesn't sound too bad, I could live with that :burnout:

boltonmach1

Established Member
Welcome to the badass world of the Mach 1. I've never really understood the cost to benefit ratio of headers on a N/A mach. Stock mani's are good to at least 500whp.

Short shifter/gears/accufab TB are always good investments on these cars.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Welcome to the badass world of the Mach 1. I've never really understood the cost to benefit ratio of headers on a N/A mach. Stock mani's are good to at least 500whp.

Short shifter/gears/accufab TB are always good investments on these cars.

not saying youre wrong by any means. However there is still some power to be gain from them(as long as you dont go too big 1 7/8s or w/e). For those staying N/A every little bit helps.

and they sound nice:rolling:

buckinwild

Established Member
Who enlightened you :beer:

Amen brother. Glad WE can help. :beer: Make sure you order through Johnandrenea on Mach1registry he will hook you up with deal!

Well, not trying to derail the posters thread but some updated news. I contacted John and according to him SSS catbacks are on backorder and won't be available until sometime in Dec.:uh oh:That sucks.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Welcome and congrats!

I had the SSS Adrenaline system for about 6 months and there was just too much drone for everyday driving, so I switched to the full size Magnaflow system. That being said, if it wasn't a daily driver, or in my younger days I would have kept it because it sounded freaking awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread