New mod to my newest mod...

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
A while back I bought a Roush tool kit that mounts on the trunk lid on eBay for a price I couldn't pass up & it was local so shipping was free (picked up). I had jumped the gun, and didn't know until I went to install it, that Mach's indeed, have a different trunk. So we don't have the mounting holes for it. :pS:

I put it away figuring even if I can't mount it, it does have some nice stuff in it to keep. Comes with; 4 small wrenches, a small Mag flashlight, a set of Channel locks (slip pliers to some of you), a set of Needle nose, air pressure gauge, tire depth gauge and a multi tip screwdriver all by MAC tools. A set of gloves (that would maybe fit a child but not my paws), and a nice dusting rag for wiping the dash. Also, a coin of .999 pure silver with Roush logo's and such on it.

Well, once I installed the Shrader rear seat delete, an idea hit me (literally tripped over the Roush box) and I started planning on how to mount it on the seat delete and here's what I came up with...

I placed the kit on the seat where I wanted it (center of course!) Held the top to the rear portion (seat back) of the delete and marked all the holes (2) that I would need to use the supplied mounting screws.. Drilled out the holes, pushed the huge plastic screws through and snugged them up with the wing nuts from inside the trunk..
100_4051.jpg

Once I did that I realized when I open the kit (they have hinges on them that allow the base where the tools sit to be level, when mounted to a trunk), the base of it wasn't level. Soooo I removed the hinges which allowed the base to sit on the bottom portion of the delete kit. Also, removed the tag on the box that has a Roush logo. I'm thinking I'll try and make something with the Mach 1 logo, or just leave it blank I dunno yet..
100_4050.jpg

And here's just a shot of what's in the kit....
100_4054.jpg

All in all, I like how it came out. Took a quick buzz around and hit some dips and dives and some hard braking and it doesn't make a peep. Since I do race the car, I may have to remove it if Tech feels it could be an issue, but it is pretty secure and it locks closed pretty good so I don't think it will be an issue...

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
Looks good :)

How much use you will get out of it :shrug:

I use the Tire pressure gauge all the time. The Channel locks I use to unscrew my PCV pre-filter (tight sometimes) and the other stuff, well the day I need it I'll be glad it's there!

Plus, one more thing that sets my car apart from the others, be it at car shows (I go to a few of the NMRA ones on top of local ones) or just around town. I've never seen anyone with it :dancenana:

4valvemach

Established Member
You have the filter to catch oil that is being sucked out from the PCV valve in the drivers valve cover correct?So if you just cap the port on the intake and run the line down you would no longer need it.Oil loss from the PCV would also stop thats what Ive done.I have no oil mess and its been like that for almost 7k miles :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread