New Mods + Dyno Run Video

crazy4life

Established Member
Just added a L&M Throttle body, plenum and a 10% overdrive lower pulley. I also port matched the plenun to the supercharger. Took about 20 minutes with a die grinder and metal bit. Also added ARH long tubes and roush extreme exhaust a month ago. Jon lund will tune the car on wednesday and I am curious to see what the gains will be. Baseline tune was by Jon about 5 months ago. It put down 525 HP on a mustang dyno with the Evo stage 2 and tuning by Jon. Also changed the plugs and the oil. Used the NGK TR6 Iridium gapped @.030 per Jon. Can't wait till Wednesday. Hoping for 50 HP gain.

Had car tuned by Jon Lund this morning and picked up 35 HP and a whooping 55 FT/LBS of torq. All these runs are on a Mustang Dyno. Final Numbers where 552 HP and 536 TQ. Also boost was @ 14.386 lbs and before the longtubes,10% overdrive pulley and port matching the plenum the boost was 12.328 lbs :pepper::pepper::beer::pepper:

Here is the Dyno Run
[ame=http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k473/420fitter/Exhaust/?action=view&current=DynoRun3.flv]Exhaust :: Dyno Run 3 video by 420fitter - Photobucket[/ame]

Here are the Dyno Sheets
Run before new mods
Exhaust :: Dyno 1 picture by 420fitter - Photobucket

Run after new mods
Exhaust :: Dyno 2 picture by 420fitter - Photobucket

mobeydick

Established Member
With the new TB and 10% lower you basically have EVOs current stage 4. I have their older stage 4. I’ve purchased the 10% lower and Whipple TB separately; I just have not installed them yet. Mine with their older setup in the summer heat here in GA It put down 551 HP and 542TQ on a Mustang Dyno.

crazy4life

Established Member
What was the correction factor and the weight used for your dyno run. Makes a big difference. My weight was 3920 and if you use 3700 or 3800 it will a bigger HP number so you have to compare apples to apples. Also I have a catted x and 2.5" exhaust and the factory drive shaft. So there is no comparison between the two setups

Last edited:

mobeydick

Established Member
I don't know about the correction Factor. Mustang Dyno was 551hp Dyno Jet was 561hp. I had the guy with the Mustang Dyno set the weight at 4,250#s, I don't know what Justin @ VMP set it at for his pulls. The Dyno Jet pulls were with a 3" Cated down to 2.5 to the tail pipe then back to 3"s the rest of way out. The Mustang pulls were 3" catless all the way out the back.

scsilvergt

Established Member
crazy4life,

I have been contemplating a IW 10% overdrive lower pulley or get a 2008 harmonic balancer for my 2007 gt500. What has been your impression after driving with the 10% overdrive pulley? I just put Kook LT's on and a LFP driveshaft, wow what a difference.

crazy4life

Established Member
crazy4life,

I have been contemplating a IW 10% overdrive lower pulley or get a 2008 harmonic balancer for my 2007 gt500. What has been your impression after driving with the 10% overdrive pulley? I just put Kook LT's on and a LFP driveshaft, wow what a difference.

Way more torq with the 10% lower but I have only put 50 miles on the car and since it is 20 degrees outside with 3" of snow will not really be able to see what it really is capable of. By the way I had the 2008 pulley on my car for about a 1000 miles and took it off when I put the 10% lower on. It is for sale for $200 with the longer bolt for install. Would have to buy a new factory bolt for 12 dollars or use the old one like I did. I did use a new bolt when I put the 10% lower on. PM if interested.

scsilvergt

Established Member
Thanks crazy4life, you have a sweet ride. I will let you know if I decide to go with the 2008 balancer.

Users who are viewing this thread