New mods, dyno #, times

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
As you probably have seen in my previous post, I have done some work to my truck.

Yesterday I went to my tuner after the Whipple install. 2002 Lightning, 2.3 Whipple, 3.375 upper, 4# lower, 2400 MAF, Bassani headers, stock exhaust, 60# injectors, 255 fuel pumps, SCT. She made peak of 484/550 on the 6th pull (140 IATs @ this point) @ 5200 rpm. I'm still on my stock block @ 108k miles on the odometer :rockon: so he tuned it kind of conservatively with 11.2 a/f and 14*. I have a race tune but just ran my 91 octane tune last night with 50/50 race gas.

Towards the end of the tune, he noticed that my boost hit the max of 15 and proceeded to shoot up to 19 past 5k rpms. He warned me against racing the truck that night but what can I say, I'm stubborn :poke: He took it for a test drive and no pings, so he let me drive it off with a very stern warning :nono: LOL I am definitely getting a new exhaust system and get her retuned before the MMR block comes in. The last couple items on the list are 1) Killer Chiller 2)Full exhaust 3) Truetrac. The next couple months will be putting in the built block with some new heads and cams hopefully, and finish her off with an 8# pulley and shoot for maybe 25# of boost. :rockon:

At the end of the day, I took the truck to Firebird and ran a new best of 12.5 @ 109.98. Diff was slipping, 40+ temps with one tire fire = fail LOL In good Firebird fashion, the wait was long and the wiring for the tree broke, so I ended up only making one pass that night- was not very happy after I had just paid $20 for test n tune and did not get to do much of either :cuss: Another guy in the club makes similar power but running 2800 stall and runs 11.9's. I raced him last night and I was a hundredths shy of his mph, he ran a 12.1 on the first pass. I hoped to get her into the low 12's but was not gonna happen last night. Oh well. Trucks feels awesome and my tuner said he had not been in a more smoother riding Lightning with as much mileage as mine has. LOl what can I say, she is my baby. I might abuse her, but I love her so. :-D Pics and vids to come.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
:beer: looks like you will be needing a new sig

LOL Good call! I dont post on SVTP a lot and i forget i have a big @$$ sig.

Thanks to you and Rick for keeping my truck in one piece all these years! :beer:

If I ever get a chance to go out there I will definitely check you guys out. Right now, a local tuner I can go to when I need a dyno/tune is just so convenient!

Users who are viewing this thread