New Mods/Hotchkis,Whiteline,Jegs Cat Deletes

Boss949

Established Member
I just had the following mods installed:

1.Hotchkis Springs #19391
2.Hotchkis LCA
3.Whiteline Relocation Brackets

First of all, the stance is awesome (pics later). The handling and feel is way better than I imagined. The ride did not suffer at all, as a matter of fact, it's a much better (smoother) ride than the factory springs. Handling is much better.

4. Jegs Performance Cat Deletes (stainless steel). matched up with the Roush Extreme Axle Back's this car sounds like a BEAST! The bubbles and barks on decel (restrictor plates removed) is crazy.

Not throwing Engine codes, yet. Planning on getting AED Tunes soon. It's loud and sounds awesome. Windows up and cruising is not problem in the cabin.

I'll try to post a video in the next few days, but that won't do it justice.

Performance is better. I can tell on acceleration without those "vacuum cleaner" cats, the engine breathes much better.

If sound and state inspections are not an issue, it's worth it.

ps. no exhaust smell either.

UPDATE: as expected, got the CEL. will fix with Tune.

will post pics/vid as soon as I get some time...

Here they are: Real overcast day!

Image6_zpsb3e485e6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image1-1_zps621c8ddf.jpg

Image4_zpsc8ab39e1.jpg

Image8_zps1304a7e7.jpg

Image11_zps453eaecd.jpg

Image12_zps207761a3.jpg

Last edited:

KBBoss302

Established Member
The cat deletes are something I have been looking at myself so I am glad to hear your impressions. I have GT500 mufflers and open side pipes but have been worried that going catless might be too much noise. Do you mind if I ask you what it's like at startup and at lower revs like driving in a parking garage for instance?

Thank you!

John

Boss949

Established Member
Start up? Real loud, but just tap the pedal of course to bring down rev.

I don't think parking garage would be much of problem. Lower revs don't sound bad at all.

Results may vary!!!

My vote? Absolutely do it. The worse thing is that you have to reinstall Cats or go to a high flow cat.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Thank you for the update! Yeah, I think I will do the cat deletes in the next month or two. If it's too loud, I can try to diminish the noise a bit by using the drilled restrictor plates in the side pipes.

I have always loved the sound of an uncorked V8!

Users who are viewing this thread