New Mods

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
Well, I took the pulley plunge and had a 2.93 pulley, diablo chip and accufab tb installed at Strickly Performance in Houston.

My dyno #s before the install with a K&N filter and a Bassani x-pipe and catback were 376 rwhp and 366 rwtq. I was a little disappointed with that after reading everone else's numbers. After the install it went up to 442 rwhp and 475 rwtq.
No disappointment at all with the new numbers.:)

It's idling at 800, but other than that it's amazing to drive. The throttle responce is unbelievable and with the new power it's like having a brand new car.

I can't imagine what it's like to drive with a kenny bell blower.

Anyway, I just want to say thanks to all who have led the way with mods and posted your results for warranty worried guys like me.

I don't have a scanner or I'd post the dyno sheet.

BlKvNm

Established Member
Looks good man. The torque looks good too. I have similiar mods along with the 2.93 and mine is getting dynoed later today...I will be very happy with similiar numbers but hoping for 450 rwhp. I'm guessing my torque will be lower.

Mick

03 Cobra, Black (is there any other color worth owning?)
PLATE: BLK VNM (check cleared!)

Mods:
3" Magnaflow Cat back -- 3.5 tips
9" nails, er filter
Mac prochamber
Diablo Delta chip
2.93 Pulley
Gator belt
NGK Plugs
SVO 900 R hood
18x9 / 18x10 Chrome Saleens
245/40 / 275/40 Nitto 555ZRs
Cobra grill insert
MGW Polished Chrome Cobra gripper shifter knob
Cobra embroidered floor mats
Lots-o-Zainos

System: Eclipse/JL/FOCAL (no mach remnants)

My Car

Wife's car

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Nice! Did Strickly custom burn the Diablo chip or was it a mail order chip? Did they take any a/f readings to make sure the chip program was ok? I live in Houston and will be doing this sometime this year.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
I would also like to know what Nino has just asked. I am planning on driving down to Houston from Dallas to get the car tuned with the 2.93. How would you rate them?

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
Thanks for the replies.

I was suprised at amount of torque. It was dynoed with just the pulley and it was 419 rwhp and 450 rwtq. Then after the tb and chip it was 432 rwhp and 472 rwtq. Richard, the tech noticed belt slip and went a size lower and got the 442 and 475 on the last pull. Also installed were denso iridium #24 sparkplugs.

There was a yellow 03 Cobra in his shop with a Kenny Bell and a nitrious set up. I believe he said it would run 10s. must be nice...

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
I would also like to know what Nino has just asked. I am planning on driving down to Houston from Dallas to get the car tuned with the 2.93. How would you rate them?

I would rate them way above average. I live down here by Corpus Christi, Texas and made arrangements to go up there and get the work done. I got there as soon as they opened and they took care of me like I was the only customer they had. It took a little long because Richard had to make a trip to get the right sized belt but no big deal. While another tech installed the pulley, Richard took me for a ride to drop off a customers black 03 and pickup his yellow mach 1. Real cool guy.

Also the chip was made done with the car on the dyno.

davidmax

Established Member
Always go for the non mail order tune.It works fairly good on Vettes but I'm not satisfied with horrible lean explosive situations,or running pig rich.Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread