New Modular Intakes!

New Modular Intakes

• Yeah! Mine is on and I love the gains.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I've got one but, I didn't gain anything.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm ready to get one.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I didn't know we had that many/any available

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Any of you guys enjoying the plethora of new modular intakes?
Fox Lake
Reichardt Racing
Accufab
TrickFlow
C&L
Dragon
We've got a few to choose from now. All of them have shown good gains on even stock motors. Exception is the RR intake, which as we all know is a blower intake. Granted power gains aren't HUGE on the others. However, gains of 8-10 HP on a stock car are very good for the prices. Also, with mods those gains become more significant. I've seen 20rwhp gains, with no loss down low, on a bolt-on car by adding the C&L and 75mm TB. Not bad for around $400.

Fox LAke is now selling a better set of lifters. Other companies are now starting to add products for the 4.6/5.4 Is anyone else excited too? :thumbsup: :beer:

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I want to say Reichardt Racing is working on one, but I'm not real positive of any options you guys may have at this point. I know they have one that takes the single oval TB. It mau be like a bullit style PI head intake. Let's face it, you guys have a pretty damn good intake from the factory.I'll check though. The stock GT intake falls on it's face at about 5k due to runner length. This is obviously in naturally aspirated aplications. This is still very encouraging though. We are finally starting to get some aftermarket support. Only took 8 years. ;-):beer:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
C&L is almost ready to start offering their new lower intake to match the upper they already offer. It is all aluminum and is said to flow much better than the stock lower.

A2V2NV

Established Member
Hey,

Maybe you guys know something I don't, but I went looking on the internet, and all I found were upper plenums, I guess I was hoping to find complete aluminum intakes!! Yea, I know C&L has said they're bringing it out, but there's no mention of it on their website. Oh well, I guess it's just plastic, P-51 or Bullitt huh??

joe

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
C&L said May is the hopeful release date for the lower aluminum intake. March issue of MM&FF. So yes, just uppers for the moment. Others have a lower "in works" with no release dates yet.

200gt

Established Member
Let me know how the power increase is with the P-51, I am debating on orderig one myself

2000 gt
Cobra Crank,Manley forged I-beams,Cp pistons, Patriot Stage 3 heads, Comp 270ah Cams, Hooker LTs and X, Accufab 75mm TB and plenum, Mac CAI fenderwell, 3.73, 24 lb injectors, Mac prochamber exhaust, Comp Clutch Stage 3

hardcore35th

Established Member
200gt said:
Let me know how the power increase is with the P-51, I am debating on orderig one myself

2000 gt
Cobra Crank,Manley forged I-beams,Cp pistons, Patriot Stage 3 heads, Comp 270ah Cams, Hooker LTs and X, Accufab 75mm TB and plenum, Mac CAI fenderwell, 3.73, 24 lb injectors, Mac prochamber exhaust, Comp Clutch Stage 3
Sho nuff. Looks like you live in Dallas. Get it from Dallas Mustang. It will probably be 3 weeks before i can get it here, on, and dyno tuned. (at Dallas Mustang) Edit. Just saw you livr in Dallas, GA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread