New motor= 1 sick 2v Mustang

gi_jackii

Established Member
I recently was offered to buy a full vortech s-trim sc kit for 1k cash. Of course i had to get it. Without being said, my stock motor only lasted about 300 miles. Opportunity knocking at my door, i gladly answered and bought a new motor with forged internals, h-beam connecting rods, ported and polished heads, and 270 comp cams. i maxed the rpms on that little s-trim and only got 7lbs of boost out of their advertised 20. i knew it wouldnt make 20, but i was hoping for a little more than 7... That was only at 5200rpm's because my BS lightning 90mm MAF so ill have to get a SCT and take it back to the guru Mike Murrillo and get it retuned. the outcome was great, 442rwhp and 453tq. heres the video and a few pics, enjoy:beer: ill try to get the pictures of the numbers, photobucket is down for maintenance

Dyno Day Video by Jack - MySpace Video

gi_jackii

Established Member
thanks everyone, and ill post up the new dyno pull next month with the right MAF

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
i can't believe you only saw 7 lbs boost. that's weird. you should make some sick power with 18 lbs or so. good to see some stout 2valve people coming around more often. everyone wants to convert to the 4valve when it comes time to build up. i should have mine worked out in the next month or so with 18lbs out of the turbo. hope you get more boost out of it soon! should go low 11's like it is now though.

Users who are viewing this thread