New motor in, did Ford reflash my pcm??

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Got my car back after 5 weeks and was about to use my predator for the performace tune to get rid of this low f'n idle. Does anyone know if Ford reflashes with the latest calibration when they install crate motors? I havent had my pred updated to R12d and dont want to be stuck. thanks

jason

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
I would imagine that the PCM got reflashed for the new motor. Since there are different codes for each car. I would look threw your preadtor manual and see if you can erase your old PCM code and reinstall the new code to the predator....

fr03cobra

Established Member
Jason what dealer did your new motor? Glad to see you got taken care of.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
If they reflashed the PCM, they will have put the new code label on both the PCM and the door or door pillar.
See if it is the same or if it has changed from the one you did have.

Dana

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
it will also have a different reading as far as ecu catch code goes.

i dont have a predator, i have a hellion and i havent had the stall flash yet on my YDH1 car.

just curious as to what the predator says as far as scanning the ecu catch code goes

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Thx for the help guys. I think I got F'ed tho. This was supposed to have a new clutch and flywheel, and it is chattering and slipping exactly like my old one:bash: Now I've got to figure out how to check that. They didnt even clean the engine bay, I have coolant/rust everywhere.....

jason

fr03cobra

Established Member
Jason, you should bought a better clutch and had ford put it in while they had it torn down. I had my tranny and clutch replaced .I should have given them a better clutch than factory and had them install it. Sorry to hear they left it a mess.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by fr03cobra
Jason, you should bought a better clutch and had ford put it in while they had it torn down. I had my tranny and clutch replaced .I should have given them a better clutch than factory and had them install it. Sorry to hear they left it a mess.

I have a spec3, flywheel, 26 spline shaft but they could not figure out how to install the apten cooling mod, so I sure didnt want them messing up my clutch. It will piss me off if they took my new clutch and left the old fried one in. Should of taken it to Quality care....

jason

Users who are viewing this thread