New motor install and having mcloed clutch issues

rudycobra

Established Member
Ok so it's been a pain in the ass but I finally got everything motor wise running fine and bypassed heater core so no water leaks . First test drive noticed was hard to get in hear . Well I was iffy bout way I installed clutch disc so pulled tranny and found out I installed bottom disc in backwards so reinstalled it right and it was worse . Wouldn't do anything at all . Tranny shifts while car is not running but as soon as start it will not go in gear. Car off wife push clutch and looks like it should work . It's a rxt . Gonna call them tmrw but looking for pointers . Tired messing with it but I'm getting good at dropping tranny . Dropped it in 45 mins today !

testorossa1989

Established Member
Ok so it's been a pain in the ass but I finally got everything motor wise running fine and bypassed heater core so no water leaks . First test drive noticed was hard to get in hear . Well I was iffy bout way I installed clutch disc so pulled tranny and found out I installed bottom disc in backwards so reinstalled it right and it was worse . Wouldn't do anything at all . Tranny shifts while car is not running but as soon as start it will not go in gear. Car off wife push clutch and looks like it should work . It's a rxt . Gonna call them tmrw but looking for pointers . Tired messing with it but I'm getting good at dropping tranny . Dropped it in 45 mins today !

Lmaoo your a pro

stupid question, did you install the clutch cable lol. Its the only thing i can think of at this time.

Does it fight you to get in gear or clear locked out

Last edited:

rudycobra

Established Member
Of coarse that's only way wen wife pushes clutch that fork would would push pressure plate . It's like it's locked out completely . Wondering if a disc was pinched or something

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Is it disengaging all of the way? Do you have a firewall adjuster that you can play with?

rudycobra

Established Member
Yes have one and got it set to where throw out bearing is barely touching fingers . Same as before just not working now

my92gt

Established Member
Did you install a new shorter pivot ball with it?? Clutch fork shouldn't be installed at an angle. If it does have a new pivot ball the clutch fork needs to be grinded off a lil where it meets the tranny case.

mp23

Established Member
I installed a new mcloed on my 65 and had a similar issue. first was that there was absolutely no way I could leave the recommended clearance between the throw out and the clutch fingers. The had to be lightly touching and the TO had to be spinning a little for it to get enough travel to disengage. The second was the adjustment of the pivot ball.

Users who are viewing this thread