New mufflers

Hunt93FiveO

Waiting
Established Member
Anyone ever heard any dynomax race bullets on a 5.0?I have 3 camber flows but I want some thing loud and I heard they make good power and are cheap!Will they be loud and sound ok on a catted x pipe too?I was going to get a mgw shifter but after I found out that they cost $180 :cuss: well I don't think I want it anymore.

2slow50

Banned
I would say that 90 percent of the time the X-H pipe with out cats is going to make the best sounding (loudest) note ..

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
You will gain no power, switching from 1 aftermarket muffler, to another, unless you're putting out crazy exhaust which would hint at a lot of mods to the engine. At you're level...it's all opinion. For a raspy, almost F-body sound, go with a straight through muffler like borla. For a deeper sound, go with a chambered muffler like flows. Dynomax is a straight-through muffler I believe. It's a good product for a low cost. However, if you're just switching mufflers, I strongly suggest spin-tech pro-streets. It's an awesome sounding muffler, and will really accentuate that cam when you do the H/C/I combo.

Users who are viewing this thread