New Mustang GT vs 370z vs Hyundai Genesis Drag Race

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
So what you are stating is a Ford NA v8 needs a blower to run with an NA v6. Pathetic to say the least. I have said it before and I will say it again, Ford's NA motors are garbage.

I agree the new GT really is a dog for how much it costs. :nonono: Ford ****ed up leaving the same old 3v in there with the new Camaro and 370Z coming out with more powerful power plants.

The 370Z offers pretty impressive performance, this is not unexpected at all. It's a sub 3200lb car with 330hp+ and a 3.7L high revving 6. If you think it's sad that it's beating up on a Mustang GT, wait till they're staying within a car length of the new 3900lb Camaro. ;-) Considering what the 07s ran, I think the 370Zs will be even quicker than the results indicated in this test.

BTW, The 4V Mach1s did well for an N/A Mustang, so I won't say they're all crap. :thumbsup:

1.8t

Established Member
This thread will turn into gold tomorrow due to the OP lol. I am going to get the popcorn ready

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
You all crack me up...

The 10' GT is the fastest stock GT ever...actually, if you read the latest Motor Trend Mag, they clocked it at 4.9 0-60...that's pretty flippin fast!

Yep, it's heavy, but its dependable.

The new 370 is a VERY impressive car. Good for them to up the 350Z as well as they did...they made it smaller, lighter and more powerful. It's back to being a true sports car as opposed to being a slightly different version of the G35 (for which it shares the same platform) I mean, seriously, the 370 for the $ is one seriously compentant sports car...all the way around.

And for the Genesis, we should all just be pissed that this car is doing so well. I was actually at the KS Auto Show this past week and sat in this car and in the sedan. I wasn't a big fan of the coupe but I will tell you this, that 4 door sedan at 33K (fully, and I mean FULLY loaded) is one impressive car!

Sny714

Established Member
4.7 0-60 for the 370z is very impressive. In the video though it looked like the Mustang was ahead until the 1/8 or so, which was odd bc it had a late launch and yet the 370z on paper still beat it 0-60. So im confused with that video. Unless the numbers they advertised werent recorded during that video. Not a fan of the 1/4 window on the genesis, besides that though its nice seeing hyundai getting in the game.

107mph trap for the 370z on street tires in factory trim is nice. That car will prob end up getting 110-112mph trap speeds with bolt ons and tuning.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
4.7 0-60 for the 370z is very impressive. In the video though it looked like the Mustang was ahead until the 1/8 or so, which was odd bc it had a late launch and yet the 370z on paper still beat it 0-60. So im confused with that video. Unless the numbers they advertised werent recorded during that video. Not a fan of the 1/4 window on the genesis, besides that though its nice seeing hyundai getting in the game.

I noticed that too. Maybe it was because the GT with it's 3:73s and more HP under the curve helped it stay ahead at first, but the power to weight of the 370Z eventually showed it's face on the top-end. :)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I like the design of the 370Z tons better than the 350Z. Just from looking at it though with the short wheelbase and short rear overhang I think it would have been cool if Nissan would have made something more radical looking similar to say a car like the TVR Sagaris. That's what the proportions sort of remind me of.

And no matter which way you spin it the Mustang is still a good performer. MTs times are always high so expect them to get considerably better with real world track times. It's probably more like 13.3s which means when it gets the 5.0L 12s will be with ease!

People just need to be patient and glad that Ford is working in tough conditions to stay on top of the market.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
You think they could have found a more monotone and boring narrator? Jesus, I was about to fall asleep. Not a bad time for the Stang but I'm waiting on the Coyote 5.0.

Brizzal84

Established Member
I personaly feel that its great other cars are faster. It will give ford a big kick to make the mustang even better. thats good for all of us out there.

Oman_cobra

Established Member
BS they are the ones who 1st tested the GTR & gave it the all mighty Z06 killer propaganda....
then, tranny of the zilla proved to be made of shit.....

maybe its true, the GT will face a tough race with the new Z, but i dont consider motor trend, or edmunds my source for judging sports car.

ill have to see it in person, or take it from a friend i trust...

or, lets wait for youtube & streetfire.....

blueovalfan

Established Member
I'm wondering if this is a "track pack" stang. In a previous article where they compared the 10GT(track pack car) and the 370Z by themselves the GT ran a 13.5 @102.9 and the Z ran a 13.5 @ 103.7.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
That is why there are cabs and patrol cars with 4.6 2vs out there with 100s of thousands miles on them..getting the shit kicked out of them everyday...still running.
This is an utterly useless post and has no merit on this discussion. We are talking about performance and HP not durability. It is not very hard to make a sub 300HP V8 last a long time..

Go Heels

This space is useless
Established Member
This is an utterly useless post and has no merit on this discussion. We are talking about performance and HP not durability. It is not very hard to make a sub 300HP V8 last a long time..

That is an utterly useless rebuttal as you called Ford NA engines garbage, you should be more specific about what "garbage" means to you(as if anyone besides you cares)

Users who are viewing this thread