New Mustang Release

BittenInBama

Established Member
1. Oldest, continuous sports car brand in America...? Not the Corvette. There was a year (1983) that Chevy didn't produce a Corvette.

That's why Ford can say that the Mustang is the oldest continuous marque in America. The Mustang II saved the marque, was a huge sales success, despite the hate it gets.
Well...I did not know that. Thank you

I've learned something today. I'm going to bed LoL

Dusten

Established Member
I'm glad I'm not a Ford Tech any longer and am retired. In my opinion Ford did okay with the design but the dependance on gadgets and options is over the top. There's alot going on with that car, not to mention how the hell long will it
take not only to order one but diagnosing weird problems that will pop up.

One more thing, price, I'm going out on a limb hear and bet this will be a 50 to 70 g car at the least depending on the model and options ordered.

The gt's been 50k for a while bud.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Some of you guys are spoiled. Complaining about the littlest shit that you would probably be all giggly over if it were in your driveway. If you don't like the design then that's one thing, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but bottom line is people love the tech and just like every other brand Ford is doing the same. The tech isn't unreliable as far as the basics go. This tech has been around for decades now and it is solid at this point; it's running on Unreal Engine of all things. It's the special functions and features, the ones they use to grab headlines that are new and untested, that end up being unreliable. I've been using Ford Sync for the last 8 years and can't think of a single issue that has brought the system down where it was unusable.

Designs are one thing and everyone has a vision of what they like, but it seems like people are nitpicking as usual for no reason. Within 6mo to a year the entire tide will change the other direction.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Just came across this. Fairly good video of moving shots and a good take along with fair criticism of the design.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
7498022D-CFAB-4FF9-A43C-B80C72CF4805.jpeg

stangfreak

Established Member
Terminator community, what are your thoughts on the 2024 mustang? Anyone thinking of making the jump? gen 4 coyote motor??

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Nah…I like my 2003. It’s my dream car.

I do like the look of the new mustang but not being tunable and being super expensive turns me off.

I would rather have a Gen 2.

stangfreak

Established Member
yea it does look like a camaro a bit. I do like the interior. More modern. Lots of options. Im curious to see how that motor will react with a blower and turbo.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Interior is bad and they should feel bad. The bulbousness of the vents and steering wheel cover is criminal. Digital dash is neat but placement is weak.

Exterior, they played it too safe and didn't do enough to call it a "new car" imo. This looks more like a moderate face-lift rather than a whole new chassis. There's bigger difference between SN95 to new edge than this. Front end looks nice. Is it just me or do the side fenders look similar enough meaning if you were audacious enough you could put this front end on a S550? That's about the biggest thing I see that's appealing is the front itself.

Rear is OK, they didn't do it any favors but they didn't ruin it either.

Specs wise, I was really thinking the base 5.0 would surpass the heralded 500 number. Not really big on the "Dark horse", just seems like remarketing the S550 mach1 to new buyers who don't know shit about ****. Here's to still hoping we get a Final Cobra in a few years with 1000+ just to send it off into the sunset and they still let us drive gas cars and I win the lotto.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't matter what any of us thinks of this car right now. Fact is we're all going to look back and lust for it when we've been reduced to riding in self-driving electric butt plugs.

Don't spend your money on dumb ass shit just because that's all there is. Save it, and spend it on awesome stuff, and the free market will respond.

Unfortunately, don't underestimate the power of a large mass of stupid ass people. They do stupid shit non-stop.

Users who are viewing this thread