New Mustang Release

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine won't do that. It will try and then says it failed. I have to turn the car off and back on for it to reconnect. If my phone BT is on it connects right away every time when I turn the car on. It's only when my phone BT is off and then on that there is an issue.

Is your sync system up to date?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Is your sync system up to date?

Have no idea lol. I can't recall any time I have seen it update and have never had it in for updates as I assume this car doesnt do it over the air. Never had any major issues that bothered me so I never thought about it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have no idea lol. I can't recall any time I have seen it update and have never had it in for updates as I assume this car doesnt do it over the air. Never had any major issues that bothered me so I never thought about it.

You should be able to log into your Ford owner account and see if there are any updates. The older ones require you to download the update on a USB drive and then install that way.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You should be able to log into your Ford owner account and see if there are any updates. The older ones require you to download the update on a USB drive and then install that way.

I see. Never knew that. I'll check it out though! Do you know if regular shop tools, like the SnapOn or Autel scanners are able to do those updates or is it through Ford only? I have all of those tools but never seen our techs run these types of updates but it seems like it is something they would offer.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see. Never knew that. I'll check it out though! Do you know if regular shop tools, like the SnapOn or Autel scanners are able to do those updates or is it through Ford only? I have all of those tools but never seen our techs run these types of updates but it seems like it is something they would offer.

If you took it to a Ford store, they'd have a USB drive.

Dusten

Established Member

It's literally an update you do at home.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’ll give the my26 GT500 a chance if rumors are true… I think with some
Tweaks this isn’t too bad of design. Here’s to hoping too they cram the Godzilla into it ;)

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
I hate that they're not offering a manual in the EB...yet. Yet?? Seems that would help get some younger enthusiasts involved without having to blow such a large wad of cash on a GT.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I hate that they're not offering a manual in the EB...yet. Yet?? Seems that would help get some younger enthusiasts involved without having to blow such a large wad of cash on a GT.
I was reading an article where the author said the same thing, but then said manual take-rate on the EB was less than 10%. On the GT it's over 40%.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

The eco and 10 speed are a well-made match. I really enjoyed mine.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I guess.

The A10, is better than the M6 in the Mustang. If I were buying a new Mustang today, I'd get the A10 in a heartbeat.
If by "better" you mean performance-wise, comfort, convenience, consistency, maybe reliability, then I absolutely agree. If I were in the market for an 18+ 5.0 and planned to keep my current car, I'd almost certainly get the auto. If I had to let go of the Cobra, I'd probably get a manual to replace it. Maybe I'm old school (at the ripe age of 37 lol), but I still like to drive the car so I think I'd miss some of the engagement if I didn't still own a car with a man pedal. Just my two cents worth anyway.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If by "better" you mean performance-wise, comfort, convenience, consistency, maybe reliability, then I absolutely agree. If I were in the market for an 18+ 5.0 and planned to keep my current car, I'd almost certainly get the auto. If I had to let go of the Cobra, I'd probably get a manual to replace it. Maybe I'm old school (at the ripe age of 37 lol), but I still like to drive the car so I think I'd miss some of the engagement if I didn't still own a car with a man pedal. Just my two cents worth anyway.

I hear you...

I don't feel like my racecar is any less of a driven car with the sequential...and I don't think I'll feel like it's even less than a driven car when I put paddles in it this winter :)

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I hear you...

I don't feel like my racecar is any less of a driven car with the sequential...and I don't think I'll feel like it's even less than a driven car when I put paddles in it this winter :)
lol Yeah I could see that. Whole different world I imagine.

These days it's almost exciting to notice another car on the road with a manual trans.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lol Yeah I could see that. Whole different world I imagine.

These days it's almost exciting to notice another car on the road with a manual trans.

Yeah I suppose so. I probably still sell 3/10 manuals in Mustangs...but vast majority are going auto.

blk02edge

Established Member
I hear you...

My F1000 is far more of an experience with the fully manual sequential over the annoying Radicals I have to drive with the fancy paddles... so damn boring

techi14

Established Member
People don't understand that Ford is a business. Zero sense to invest tool up, create special bill of materials, along with all the rest of the processes for a manual 4 cylinder that only like 5 cats are going to buy. Doesn't make $en$e.

it's always the ones that aren't even in the demographic or even in the market. Same thing happened with the 20+ GT500 whole lotta complaining from people that were never going to buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread