New mustang with new powertrains in high demand

Lord Warlock

Established Member
You don't have the slightest clue
Please explain the comment, if i don't have a clue, how do you mean? As a terminator owner for 4 years, i have a pretty good idea what the capabilities of a term are, both stock and pullied. I've driven the tt to a top speed of over 165mph, and from 100+, the twin turbo car pulls stronger than my pullied cobra. And with awd, all wheel steering, it easily outhandles the cobra on twisty roads. I'm not downtalking the cobra, I love the 04, but there are other cars out there that are faster.

As far as the newer mustang, I'm not discounting improvements over the old body style, the new body is better than the 04, but the suspension isn't better than the Independent rear of the cobra, or wasn't in 2010, maybe in 11 it will be better who knows. I haven't seen any 2011's on the dealer lot yet, when they come in maybe i'll try one out. I doubt they'll be more comfortable or equipped than the competition is, they'll feel pretty much like every mustang has for the past 20 years.

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
All I can say is 40k as tested :eek: is a little high 35k would have been the sweat spot.

You can buy a used GT500 for under 40k, but is the weight difference going to be a factor?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
You people and your terminators crack me up. Yes they're awesome cars but let's face it. They're dated, all of you need to get over yourselves. I'll take a brand new 400 hp n/a car with 0 miles over your terminator any day.

lol so true. ah kids these days.

Grif62

Established Member
Please explain the comment, if i don't have a clue, how do you mean? As a terminator owner for 4 years, i have a pretty good idea what the capabilities of a term are, both stock and pullied. I've driven the tt to a top speed of over 165mph, and from 100+, the twin turbo car pulls stronger than my pullied cobra. And with awd, all wheel steering, it easily outhandles the cobra on twisty roads. I'm not downtalking the cobra, I love the 04, but there are other cars out there that are faster.

As far as the newer mustang, I'm not discounting improvements over the old body style, the new body is better than the 04, but the suspension isn't better than the Independent rear of the cobra, or wasn't in 2010, maybe in 11 it will be better who knows. I haven't seen any 2011's on the dealer lot yet, when they come in maybe i'll try one out. I doubt they'll be more comfortable or equipped than the competition is, they'll feel pretty much like every mustang has for the past 20 years.

Actually the suspension on the 2010+ mustangs are better than any previous mustangs....just saying.
But its freaking awesome that u have a charger r/t....one of my dream cars there.

kingnut

Established Member
2011 specs are looking sweet. i really dont like the speedo and tach gauges though. i wish they would redesign them to something newer looking. like ferrari's tachs and speedos for instance. does the 2011 have forged internals?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
2011 specs are looking sweet. i really dont like the speedo and tach gauges though. i wish they would redesign them to something newer looking. like ferrari's tachs and speedos for instance. does the 2011 have forged internals?

2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0-liter FV-8 engine specifications Type 5.0-liter 4-valve/cylinder Ti-VCT V-8
Configuration Aluminum block and heads
Intake manifold Composite shell-welded with runner pack
Exhaust manifold Stainless steel tubular headers
Redline 7000 rpm (est.)
Valvetrain DOHC, 4-valve/cylinder, variable intake/exhaust camshaft timing
Valve diameter/lift (mm) Intake: 37/12; exhaust: 31/11
Pistons Cast aluminum
Connecting rods Forged steel
Ignition High-energy coil-on-plug
Bore x stroke (in. / mm) 3.63 x 3.65 / 92.2 x 92.7
Displacement 302 cu in / 4951 cc
Compression ratio 11.0:1
Horsepower 412 @ 6500 rpm
Torque 390 lv-ft @ 4250 rpm
Recommended fuel 91 octane (87 octane minimum)
Fuel delivery Sequential mechanical returnless
Oil capacity 8 quarts w/ filter

kingnut

Established Member
thanks for the specs short. i wonder if ford will ever come to speed and realize the japs have used internal radio antennas for 15 years now. and clean up the exterior appearance of the stang.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
the plant will be running 2 shifts till Job 2 in the summer, then drop one shift in part
to slackened demand for the Mazda 6, but it will increase the " line speed " 35% to
attempt to cover orders....looks like some overtime..go FORD !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread