New Nitto's, Powerslots ,wheel bearings Hawk Pads

Twisted99

Established Member
Well I installed the new Hotchkis Shocks from ChickenEars today. The old Roush shocks seem tight and with visible leaks..hard to compress as well. I do find the ride is considerably better. New wheel bearings inner and outer and seals.New lower ball joints. They needed changing.
Evacuated the brake fluid with synthetic Valvoline Dot 3-4. Turned the rear rotors and installed new Hawk HPS pads. New Powerslots in front with Hawk HPS pads. New Nitto 555's the other day. Drove it down and had it aligned. I'm happy...
The one question is how tight a fit should the balljoint be in the lower control arm. The left side seemed looser than the right. I could tap it slightly with a couple pound ball pen and it would move easily...wondering if I should replace the lower control arm. Tomorrow the new rims should be here..I'll have them road force balanced.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I had new ball joints installed and they said the left side was a little loose so they spot welded it in. One month later the left hand ball joint popped out! I contacted three different ford dealers and they all said they replace the entire lower control arm for $460. For that price I am getting the mm tubular control arms installed I have no confidence in new ball joints pressed into the existing control arms on the track.
Left side was .020 out of round. If you decide to go with stock control arms MM sells them for something like $180/pair

Users who are viewing this thread