New Numbers Inside

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
I bought my 2003 Cobra Vert used back in August of 2010; 36,XXX miles with (2) previous owners. The dealer "claimed" the PCM was reflashed and had a SCT tune on the vehicle, but who really trusts a dealer!? I decided to pay my friend's a visit at Power By The Hour Performance since they're right down the street from me and have a spanking new dyno on-site.

We did a total of 3-1/2 pulls this afternoon. First, was using the Diablosport Predator Pulley Tune with 5% fuel added from 2000-4000 and 4000-7000 WOT respectively. The car made 479 HP and 431 TQ with SAE Smoothing at 5. Air/Fuel was 11.88 with peak boost at 12.11 psi.

Second pull I reflashed the PCM back to the so called "tune" that was installed when I purchased the car. As I expected, it wasn't anything to smile about. The car made 485 HP with the same torque number as the previous run. Air/Fuel was lean at 13.44 with peak boost at 11.89 psi.

Third half-pull started out in 6th Gear before we realized what was up, something to chuckle about none the less.

Fourth pull I used the Diablo pulley tune as is. The car made 485 HP & 450 TQ on the final pull. The air/fuel was 11.95 with peak boost at 12.18 psi. Run conditions were 85.94F, 29.56 in-Hg, with 39% Humidity.

I was impressed to say the least, I was expecting peak power to be somewhere around 440-460. My car has the following mods:

-Stiegemeier Stage III Ported Eaton, Throttle Body, and Plenum
-Stock 3.65 Upper Pulley/4# Metco Lower Pulley/3.2 Alternator Pulley
-BilletFlow Bracket and 4-pc. Idlers
-Steeda CAI (less heat shield)
-Bassani X-pipe with Cats
-Borla Stinger Catback
-Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
-AFCO D/P Heat Exchanger
-PFAB Intercooler Tank

I believe everything else is stock for the most part. I keep finding new things that are modded on the car; a few weeks ago I learned I had Strange 10-way rear shocks so who knows what else is done.

The tuner on-site said we have "plenty of room to grow" in the future. I plan on adding a 3.1 upper once I get my hands on a MAFia and Boost-A-Pump. Then I'll come back for a custom tune session.

Big thanks to Jake at PBH Performance. :beer:

Last edited:

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
photo-3.gif

SpittinCobra

Established Member
nice. how do you like the spec clutch? I just got mine finished up and is at percision autosports for tuning and am wondering how that clucth will be on the street..

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
nice. how do you like the spec clutch? I just got mine finished up and is at percision autosports for tuning and am wondering how that clucth will be on the street..

The Spec 3+ is very streetable and has a nice bite when going through the gears. I went with the lightweight pedal option too.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
your losing some tq down low with that a/f ratio

and as someone that loves these cars, I wouldn't take that tune. The a/f below 4600rpms is terrible. I would NOT floor it under that till that is fixed.

Semms that line its on at 4700 rpms it says 11.9......so anything OVER that line is grounds for engine problems. Hell it looks like its in the 14s!

Users who are viewing this thread