New OP Gauge

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Look what FedEx just dropped off. A late Xmas gift :banana:

Hopefully the new Oil Pressure Gauge w/Warning Light will prevent yet another blown engine.

Check it out
OPWTGauge.jpg

zPipes

Established Member
What are you complaining about.. you mean you don't like the fact that the oil pressure and temp gauges havent moved since the day you got your car?? I think its awesome. My pressure is always perfect... and i never overheat.. even when my oil runs out and busts a rod and i end up paying 4 grand for a new cobra motor... my gauges still said everything was perfect. Must have been a random freak moment that the piston siezed up in the cylinder.

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Actually my Oil Pressure Gauge dropped off to zero seconds before my second engine blew. Unfortunately I was on track running approximately 6,000 rpms.

Thanks for the warning Ford Factory Gauges :fm:

p.s. The only time I saw my coolant gauge rise was after I threw a coolant hose and was pumping dry :mj:

zPipes

Established Member
Hey, at least you have seen movement. My gf has a miata.. i hate driving the thing but ill tell you what.. her oil pressure gauge actually moves around like an rpm gauge. I almost shit a brick when I drove it for the first time.. I said man... why cant i have an accurate op gauge.. guess its because it was made by a foriegn company.

Last edited:

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Ford went stupid w/the gauge cluster. My Suburban has a properly functioning oil pressure gauge and volt meter.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
...Actually my Oil Pressure Gauge dropped off to zero seconds before my second engine blew...

Just for clarification, you were referencing the factory oil pressure/dash gauge in your post above, right? :??:

BTW - Where at? Gingerman? Waterford Hills?

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Just for clarification, you were referencing the factory oil pressure/dash gauge in your post above, right? :??:

BTW - Where at? Gingerman? Waterford Hills?

Yes, I was referencing the factory dash gauge. The oil pump let go at Gingerman at the SCMC event in September '09.

Users who are viewing this thread