New or returning motorcycle riders, please read

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
I must show this to this kid at work, he thinks cause he rode a Ninja 250 for a day he's ready for a Busa. :rollseyes

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
youngone said:
I must show this to this kid at work, he thinks cause he rode a Ninja 250 for a day he's ready for a Busa. :rollseyes

He is right. The Hayabusa makes an excellent starter bike. It has so much power than you respect it so you do not do anything stupid. It is also big and stable. This makes it safe and easy to learn on.

The best part about the bike is that you do not have to buy a new bike in 6months after you have mastered riding. You can grow into it.

I have heard all of the above. :nonono:

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I got out of the sportbike scene last summer. But, I can tell you, guys make you feel uncool if you ride a 750cc or smaller bike...which is crazy.

I had a 600cc GSX-R and it was fast enough. Then when I put on a full D&D exhaust and had it tuned...that thing really pulled. When I was looking into getting a new bike, I was looking at the 750's...yet everyone was trying to sell me a 1000cc!

But no one should be riding a Busa unless you have a ton of seat time. Those bikes are no joke.

UCBeau

Every time I see guys on sportbikes zipping through traffic, I wonder how long it'll be until they die.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
good read. im sure penis size is relative to engine size, so myself I use a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001L schwinn.

Freedom

Established Member

I find myself wishing I had a 600cc all the time.......the lighter bike is just so much more throwable in the turns.....the liter bikes really only shine in the straights, and who wants to ride a motorcycle on straights anyway?

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Excellent, excellent article. I was out of riding for a number of years. When I divorced and returned, I went small with an Intruder 800. I considered the 1100 but wasn't sure if I'd be up to it after 10 years away from my touring bike. I rode the Intruder for about two years in all weather and traffic until it felt like a second skin. When the chance to get a Harley popped up, I had no doubt I could handle the power that came with it. It's been 5 1/2 years since then and I still have that Harley ('00 Dyna Wide Glide), slightly modded and with some chromie stuff but I wouldn't have had near as much fun if I hadn't eased back in with that trusty 800. Thanks for the article and I hope it hits home to a number of new and returning riders. Damn the peer pressure, protect #1.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
I used to want a sport bike (rice rocket, organ donor) for soo long - ever since i was a tot. Now that I'm finally of age to where I could walk up to a dealer and just purchase one, I stay FAAAAR away!

I've seen enough ...meaty pics on Stileproject, rotten, etc to pursade me otherwise. Not that it can't happen in a car either... but a hellva lot less likely.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
kneedragger said:
Typical response from an ignorant car driver.

I'm stating the obvious when about 40% of all street racers get within 2 feet of mine while performing the infamous "I'm too cool to follow the rules" weave.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
05 Roush said:
I'm stating the obvious when about 40% of all street racers get within 2 feet of mine while performing the infamous "I'm too cool to follow the rules" weave.
What, that it's cool when people die? Moron.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
kneedragger said:
What, that it's cool when people die? Moron.

Have I touched a nerve? Are you one of these crazy riders who winds up going crunch after 2.5 years of riding?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Have I touched a nerve? Are you one of these crazy riders who winds up going crunch after 2.5 years of riding?
Why, because I think you're a simp?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Listen, I'm going to start a thread in Smack Down, come in there, if you want to do this.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
kneedragger said:
I opened a thread for you in smack down

Good. Now:

Ok, let me get this straight. You're saying that any motorized vehicle that has the velocity of an F-16 fighter jet can be controlled on the streets at all times? What's the purpose of a 500 lb motorcycle with the engine size rivaling a Honda Civic? Daily commuting?

I can't tell you how many times I've seen experienced riders slam into other vehicles, or seen the aftermath of a spill, collision, or other catastrophy. No helmet or suit is going to protect you. We live in a state where the average life expectancy of any rider is 2.5 years.

Just because you're a "pro" doesn't mean you can control other vehicles on the road either, especially when you're going Mach II in the left lane, weaving through traffic like butter. I don't care if you've been riding for 1 day or 10 years, it's only a matter of time before the crunch is experienced.

Any machine that runs lower than 11 seconds on any public road should be flagged for serious scrutany IMO. Your body simply can't react fast enough at the speeds they travel on roads of these kinds. And let's not kid ourselves about restraint. You don't ride around on a bike like these if it's intent is for "track use".

Stop the BS and start calling these rockets for what they are...death on wheels.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Crap:

CrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrap

CrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrap

CrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrap

CrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrap

CrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrapCrap

I've moved this to Smack down. Where it shall remain.

On with the realistic safety discussion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread