New Owner- Long Search Over

Pmbrown

Established Member
Hey everyone!
Super excited I finally picked up my dream vehicle. I mainly come from the Sti/EVO background but for a very long time I have always loved the rarity and heritage of these Terminators.
Yesterday I picked up a Black 03 SVT with 45K Miles on it. Basically stock other than a pulley and a tune.
Not exactly sure what my plan is with the vehicle yet but I'll be scoping through the threads and looking forward to meeting/talking with some of u fellow owners!
I'll probably only get to drive it 1-2K Miles per year so for starters will probably be interested in low/mileage storage maintenance (changing oil every year regardless of mileage etc).
I'll post some pics when i remove the random Roush Wing the previous owner had on it (already have the stock SVT wing coming back LOL). Lastly, let me know if there is any other Colorado Owners out there!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Welcome to theclub, and congrats on using the proper name.

TP03

Established Member
Congratulations on finding your car. A few items to consider, If your not certain on the maintenance history of the car like I was with mine. In no particular order.

Fuel filter
Intercooler pump
Plugs
Supercharger oil

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! Seems we've been getting quite a few new members lately!

Pmbrown

Established Member
I had a few requests for some pics. Sorry it took a while but here you go!
I had to find/paint, and install factory OEM SVT Side Skirts because the previous owner had Saleen ones which i wasnt a fan of

Attachments

• 20431557_10210842403725149_4468523369690205247_n.jpg
    20431557_10210842403725149_4468523369690205247_n.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 102
  • dsc.jpg
    dsc.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 103

oneof185

Established Member
Congrats, that's a good looking terminator! I'm still looking, trying to make things happen. My problem is ability to travel right now and have to try and convince friends for help and their schedules lol.

Pmbrown

Established Member
oneof185- No kidding! I searched for about 2 years and couldn't find any lower mileage vehicles within my area. That's most definitely the toughest part. I was about to travel to L.V and one popped up 9 miles from me so I had no choice! Good luck with searching!
First 2 Week Impression- I cannot believe this vehicle. It's seems to be in a complete different class than the Turbo Cars I'm used to (wife drives an STI). Still doesn't seem logical how effortless these Termi's move. The power band is so much more fun than having to romp an STI @ 5,000 RPM to have power.

My ONLY "complaint" which isn't really a complaint because i dont DD the car is that it gets a little warm inside! Even with the Vents closed heat still seems to infiltrate inside easily.. Buut that's a muscle car for ya, everything i've read states it's normal. Always running defrost seems to help.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Congrats, that's a good looking terminator! I'm still looking, trying to make things happen. My problem is ability to travel right now and have to try and convince friends for help and their schedules lol.

I'm down for a roadtrip. lol

Users who are viewing this thread