New owner, shifting question

187Snake

Established Member
Hey guys, I just bought a 2012 svt package yesterday and have a quick question for you. I came from a supercharged corvette c6 so I am used to driving a stick, but I am having an issue. When I am just normal driving the car and go to shift gears the rpms appear to just hang and then falls slowly. When I shift the car normally, which is fairly quick, when I release the clutch pedal the rpm has to fall quite a bit. So what I'm getting at is that the revs are not matching the shift the way I think it should. In the vette when I would shift the rpm fell right in line with where it should be for the next gear, but the shelby rpm seems to hang higher than they should for the next gear. I hope that makes sense to yall.

I just wanted to know if this was normal or if on these cars I'm supposed to wait a good amount of time before releasing the clutch pedal so the rpm can come down to the right level. I just don't want to be causing damage to the transmission.

187Snake

Established Member
I just went for a drive and watched it and it almost looks like when I push in the clutch to shift it revs about 100 rpm for me almost like an active Rev match..

will2115

Established Member
Same thing happens to mine. I just got a shelby too 07, rpms go up 100-200 every time I shift

99SSls1

Established Member
My guess is it's your driving. Pull your foot off the gas then push the clutch. I was checking mine a while ago b/c my dads 03 Cobras does that same thing. Short story it was his driving and mine when I jumped in it. I had to try hard to get the timing right.

finally03gt

Established Member
I've noticed it a bit. How much depends on how quick I get off the gas. Just trowing a guess out there.... Heavy flywheel
= inertia?

Users who are viewing this thread