New Owner

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Hi,

I'm picking up my new Torch Red SVT Cobra in a couple of days. The dealer is having the LOJACK people install their system in the car. This will be my first car. I've only owned open top Jeeps in the past and would sink all of my money into them. Well, now I've traded in one of my Jeeps for downpayment on the Cobra and I can't wait to pick it up.

I feel really thankful that I get such an awesome car! When my Jeeps rear axle blew up I decided I needed something more reliable so I started looking at getting a car.

Is this a great 1st car or what!!?? I can't wait! Just a couple things I want to run past you guys though before I finalize the deal...

I did notice that when the car started up (by the salesman) that a little black carbon dust/smoke blew out of the tail pipes... is that normal??? This only happened for a brief second though. I noticed this as the salesman was starting up the car to take it back to the showroom floor.

Also, the clutch pedal on that thing is really heavy! I liked it though. It adds to the "muscle" car image. The transmission stick was tough to find the right gear sometimes but I'm sure I'll get used to it and will be shifting with ease eventually.

Let me know what you guys think about the carbon thing (again, I'm sure it's nothing but just thought I'd ask). It just seeamed strange that there would be carbon deposits in a new car like this.

Thanks,

Ben

edzz

Established Member
The transmission is tight and "rachetetie" at first, it took mine about 1,000 miles to get smooth, this is normal. I have never been behind mine when it starts, but the cars do run very rich when first started. You picked the rite color.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Nothing to worry about the black smoke like Edz said is just a rich mixture when you first start it up. The clutch is a little bit of a bear but you will get used to it, and as mentioned before the shifter will feel better in time. There is no general consensus on the forum about the shifter some guys say they will stick with it and others have changed them out Pro 5 O or Steeda Triax. Im sticking with the stock one myself. Good luck with the new car and welcome to the 03 club:beer:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
you won't believe the smiles / mile. Now the MPG sucks but what do you expect. Great car, just don't take it off road. Have fun and post pics when you get her.

Users who are viewing this thread