new paint..(color change)

03cobra5485

Established Member
Its a long story. Started with a throw out bearing and ended with an engine. To be more accurate, I did get to drive it for a weekend (in June) and a day (in July) this past year (about 300 miles).

wow i don't know how ur doing it..it's been only a week and i'm going crazy

nooner

Established Member
wow i don't know how ur doing it..it's been only a week and i'm going crazy

Its been hard. Maybe it would be easier if I was doing it myself. These last couple of weeks have lasted for almost 2 months! My short block arrived 3/24/11! Just a "couple more weeks" to go! :rollseyes

Good luck with yours! :beer:

silverbullit98

Established Member
color reminds me a bit of my brothers bike..

da6871b5.jpg

dd9bb6b8.jpg

bef1c6df.jpg

03cobra5485

Established Member
Its been hard. Maybe it would be easier if I was doing it myself. These last couple of weeks have lasted for almost 2 months! My short block arrived 3/24/11! Just a "couple more weeks" to go! :rollseyes

Good luck with yours! :beer:

thanks i don't know how ur doing it lol..yea mine is pretty much stripped down to the block. If anybody is reading this and thinking about doing this, DO NOT, get somebody to do it for you, to is sooo much time and work to be done..here are a few pics..now that it's ripped apart i have to black out the rest of the engine bay, and now i'm thinking of throwing a set of longtubes on there...might as well
93a1a7d9.jpg

142ce744.jpg

Last edited:

nooner

Established Member
thanks i don't know how ur doing it lol..yea mine is pretty much stripped down to the block. If anybody is reading this and thinking about doing this, DO NOT, get somebody to do it for you...

You're right, maybe it WOULDN'T be easier if I was doing it myself! :lol:
It certainly would be cheaper though! :lol1:

Last edited:

03cobra5485

Established Member
You're right, maybe it WOULDN'T be easier if I was doing it myself! :lol:
It certainly would be cheaper though! :lol1:

it's kinda like picking the worse of two evils, the job is like a 2000.00 dollar job from what i've heard, i'm picking up an aftermarket warrenty from ford after this one lol

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
Wow I've been waiting to see the finished result and I stumbled on this thread. Looks good bro. Definitely a cool color to pick. You may as well spray that engine bay now lol. Hit me up when its back on the road.

moot09

Established Member
That didn't look fun at all! The timing cover makes it a PIA for sure.

Good luck on getting it running again! Paint looks awesome btw.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Nice but if you want people to take your business seriously and not look like a joke, take the motor out and spray the engine bay with the orange you used.

Users who are viewing this thread