new paint job lot of orange peel

superman

Established Member
Whats up guys,
I had my car repainted (black) and there is a lot of orange peel. Just curious if there are any good detailers in or around Fayetteville or Raleigh N.C.

bwahl602

Established Member
return it to the painter... did you tell them you didnt want orange peel? did they do any work to the paint after painting?

how much clear did they put on it? 1 coat, 2 3??? id ask so the detailer who will be doing the wet sanding has an idea how much paint he has there to work with

pics

superman

Established Member
this is a long story. It started last year. guy painted my car ad it didn't turn out to well. It had a lot of haze and swirl marks. He buffed them out and wet sanded. car looked pretty good slick as glass. you could shave in it. but get it under light and it had all these scratches and swirl marks and haze. this was last june and i told him i needed it before mustang week. he came and buffed the car and it looked pretty good but after a couple of washes the haze and scratches came back. the guy told me he would redo the car the 1st of the year. Well i went and looked it it and there is orange peel over the whole car. i need to find a professional who can look at my car and let me know what needs to be done either wet sanding to get all the orange peel or have someone else paint the car. any suggestions.:??:

jemorgan

Established Member
the orange peel has to be wet sanded out then compounded and buffed , the longer you wait the harder the clear will become and it will be very difficult to sand out .....

Orange Peel

Established Member
O p

I'm offemded , no one like's orange peel.........haha, man I'd be pissed but my car has the original paint (14000miles) from the factory ,CO, and it has orange peel like crazy in it. I'm planning on getting mine detailed this year professionally.

superman

Established Member
He applied 2 coats of clear. He said the name of the clear is ASC1 Martin Senior Paint. Has anyone heard of this. He just put the clear on, no buffing or anything after the clear. He was told that after 6 hours the clear would be too hard to do anything to it.If you had to wet sand or buff you had to do it before the 6 hours. Does this sound right:shrug:

Orange Peel

Established Member
He applied 2 coats of clear. He said the name of the clear is ASC1 Martin Senior Paint. Has anyone heard of this. He just put the clear on, no buffing or anything after the clear. He was told that after 6 hours the clear would be too hard to do anything to it.If you had to wet sand or buff you had to do it before the 6 hours. Does this sound right:shrug:

This maybe true, he should of wet sanded it before clearing it, as that is probably where the orange peel was, in the paint.Your best bet is to get a second opinion from a professional, find someone who paints cars, like rods and custom stuff and see what they say, they deal with alot of touch ups and what not and can give you a honest answer.

Users who are viewing this thread