New Paint Job

Shinigami23

Established Member
So I'm putting my 2002 Mustang GT in the body shop to get a brand new paint job in 2 weeks. I'm definitely going to go with a black, but I'm up in the air as to what color black to go with. I could just go with the stock black paint job, but I have always wanted my car to stand out from the crowd as well. So with that said I'm up for suggestions. I've looked at the black from the 2015 Viper GTS and it looks pretty sweet! I've also considered going with a Satin Black as well. Any thoughts on Satin? I could really use some help and our suggestions so please let me know what you think.

98 Roush

Established Member
I have a black car and when it's wash and wax IMO it's the meanest looking color but really hard to keep clean. You also the the swirls a lot more also. If I was gonna do a different color I would go with a metallic smoke gray color.

Shinigami23

Established Member
Yea I was considering going with a gunmetal metallic that's on the new Viper GTS, but I just love black so much when it's clean.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
There's a factory black that was either used on evo's or sti's (I think evo's) that black but not BLACK, just have to see it. It doesn't show swirls as bad (from what I've heard) but it also doesn't have that full on black depth. Might be worth googling for some pics.

Shinigami23

Established Member
There's a factory black that was either used on evo's or sti's (I think evo's) that black but not BLACK, just have to see it. It doesn't show swirls as bad (from what I've heard) but it also doesn't have that full on black depth. Might be worth googling for some pics.

The Phantom Black maybe?

Shinigami23

Established Member
I was also looking at the Nero Noctis off the Lamborghini's. Just plain black but it looks smooth. The BMW Frozen Black looks pretty good too if I went the more satin black route.

DumpOnYou

Established Member
Go with the Factory Ford color tuxedo black. I know it was an option on the 2010 Taurus SHO ,and as long as you know how to take car of your paint and have a damn good painter it would look killer.

DumpOnYou

Established Member
You should also check out supershields. From the few i have seen done with this protective film they look amazing you can do any color black you wish and the satin film is layed on top.

Users who are viewing this thread