New PB (bracket car jfc) from Bash at the beach track event.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Quick run down of the car.

2004 cobra coupe
Full weight minus spare and front sway bar and delete h/e. Other than that it's piloted by my 270 lb ass.

Mods-
2.3 whipple 2.75 17/18 psi
jba headers, bassani o/r x and magnapacks
killer chiller bypassed h/e
Mcleod RST
26 spline
Ford 3.73's with upgraded diff cover
Eibach springs / MM CC plates

Car makes 610/560 on torco and didn't get to make a bottle pass.

Tires were stock fronts and rears with et street bias ply 26x11.5 on the rear.

I played around on the nitrous tune launching and letting the torco cycle through before I ran that tune and it went a few mid 7's like 96-98 mph with previous best time being a 7.38 @ 99 1.68.

Loaded the torco tune and went out

1.67 60ft 7.12 @ 101.8 ...

Was pretty pump and said **** it and went and loaded the nitrous tune to make a pass.

Get to the line and launch it and it has a little juice in 1st and then feels like a dog, pass is a mid 7 and like 10.3 af's ... bring it around do another run and same thing. Turns out i'm out of nitrous (didn't listen to people saying I might be out) after having it tuned and a few highway pulls... was bummed.

Went back and made one more blower torco pass

1.66 7.04 @ 102.2 ...

Decided to run in the arm drop grudging racing top 16 thing they had going on. Which I have video of just not loaded yet and this was all hot lapping with zero break. Made 4 passes within 30 mins of starting.

First one they lined me up against a Fox that was running mid 8's.

1.6x 7.5@9x missing third, got the win.

Iat's were mid 120's on this next pass.

1.6x 7.08@102 and got the win by running down this fox that ran 7.5

Next pass iat's were 1teens area and had to run another fox that was going 7.3's

1.6x 7.0x @ 102 and had to run him down in third gear but steam rolled him.

Next race was the final and it's vs a friend of mine who we've had fun talking back and forth about running etc. He's a newer 5.0 paxton car with an auto.

Mind you this is arm drop racing and he was running 6.7 range when running good that day.

I basically cut what would be a .000 light or maybe a red but it was close and I stole the hit from his ass for sure lol.

He catches me towards the end of the track and squeezes it out by less than a car on me.

I went 7.02 @ 102.x 1.62 to I believe his 6.7 or low 6.8... was a fun day and can't wait to get a clean run on the sauce.

Will post videos when uploaded! Not bad for a little full weight 2.3 car hot lapping... Killer chiller > * in this case as no time to ice or really cool down and iat's stay around 90-115 except for that one pass where they were 120's and ect was 170-180... RST is a hell of a clutch.:beer:

From the final

DSC_3918 by ludmun

DSC_3915 by ludmun

DSC_3890 by ludmun

DSC_3891 by ludmun

DSC_3922 by ludmun

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Finals vs Scottie

[youtube_browser]gJ9iIogXR-w&feature[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]GJobG9d8jjU&feature[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]SV-qp3AWAE0&feature[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Ford2ner

Established Member
Those would def be 10 sec passes. I wish we got to run, my best was also a 7.02 @ 104, but kept missing gears. And all of my 7.0s were granny shifting.. Gotta get this trans broke in or something

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Nice times man. Steve thought it was funny you didn't beat his 7.001, yet. lol....I think you on the sauce vs. turbotrail would be an interesting race :)

Me too unfortunately before mine is raced again it will have more power, I'd love to squeak a 6.00 out of this car with great conditions and another 50 HP I don't think it's far fetched either..I'd love to run spyder at the track I don't think any tire would hook on the street unless we went at 70+ MPH

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
Me too unfortunately before mine is raced again it will have more power, I'd love to squeak a 6.00 out of this car with great conditions and another 50 HP I don't think it's far fetched either..I'd love to run spyder at the track I don't think any tire would hook on the street unless we went at 70+ MPH

You might as well shoot for a 5.99...it sounds faster lol

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Great runs man!! Car is moving for sure!! I didn't realize you had a 100 shot too :eek: I hope you don't plan on spraying me when we run

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
It's terrible josh, I'm pretty sure I ran two 7.00x but not as fast as Steve's lol. He's still faster lol.

Trail- it hooked my shitty nitto 555r at a 3rd gear stab around 50 (3.73 car) and it makes closer to 800 Hp that it does 7 but over 800 tq. It's a rocket.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
it hooked my shitty nitto 555r at a 3rd gear stab around 50 (3.73 car)

it makes closer to 800 Hp that it does 7 but over 800 tq. It's a rocket.

Ahhhh common what the **** man!! LOL!!! Damn it I need a 200 shot!! Looks like we can do a 50 roll then :D

Last edited:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Nice times, and congrats on the big boy power. Dial in for some 6's and you are having a panties off of a time in the 1/8th. :)

Be nice to see a few of you, WITH GOOD TIRES, do some fun runs, say about 40-130 ish?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nice times, and congrats on the big boy power. Dial in for some 6's and you are having a panties off of a time in the 1/8th. :)

Be nice to see a few of you, WITH GOOD TIRES, do some fun runs, say about 40-130 ish?

yes I need good tires lol.. If we get enough people I'll consider buying some.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Im definitley down, I have to purchase new front tires though..haha mine have flat spots for some reason.

Christmas break is the best time for me or just after the first of the year, the govt is pretty nice about days off around then, and I go back out on TDY middle of january. Only way I can see me on the street is with my 325-50 drag radials, so as long as everyone see's that fair im game.

Users who are viewing this thread