New PB in KB 2.8 Vert

Ford2ner

Established Member
Ran the vert Friday at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds GA. I drove the car up from Florida to my parents which was a total round trip of 600 miles. Weather was pretty hot, definitely not ideal conditions to run in. Finally got the Weld RTS on and was shooting for 10.20s. The car was on a 26x10 slick 22lbs and is still 6 speed.

1. First pass was a good clean pass but forgot to change the tune from street tune to race and realized this at the end of the track when I noticed the mph seemed low passing 130 at the traps. Street tune is 15* timing, race is 21*. I launched the car super easy, I've had my fair share of replacing rear ends and was not trying to the next day which was a 1.67 and that pass was a 10.63 @ 129

2. Let her cool down swapped the tune and next pass I was going to run my brother Turbotrail93 so we pulled around did burn outs and staged and I guess he pushed through the light and only my light was coming down and I was ready and popped the clutch and immediately pulled it back in because I thought he was going to back up so we could restage. Well he took off and so did I and the car felt like it was pulling really strong. Got the slip and it was an 11.10 @ 140.59 so I guess I triggered the beam when I initially popped the clutch and my time was rolling the whole time.. He didn't get a time

3. About 20 minutes later we both pulled back around for round 2. Smoked em down and he tried to snake me with a red light and i redlit too so I was right on his ass the whole pass and around the 1/8th I started reeling him in pretty damn hard and I went 10.48 @ 135 he went 10.42 @ 131 which is my new PB.

4. Last pass I lined back up against my brothers car but my dad driving it and I started roasting 2nd and getting Sideways and had to pedal it and get back in it and that run was a 10.57 @ 129 and my dad roasted first and some other stuff happened on that pass..

sarypava.jpg

How it sat in race trim

bune5y7u.jpg

avetu2um.jpg

I was really shooting for 10.20s this time out I figure once it gets cool out again 10.20s will be easily attainable. I'm not disappointed at all, i dont know of too many cars that can drive a 600 mile round trip with a/c on get 22mpg and run mid 10s @ 135+ in a heavy vert without breaking a sweat or any parts. Here are two videos just of the first pass but every run was on video I just need to get them together from everyone that took videos. You can really see how easily I was launching the car.

http://youtu.be/fK2PU8iX5CU
http://youtu.be/Wi0I1E9NObQ

Last edited:

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
:beer:
Awesome work! With better air you have 10.20s easy! Nothing like driving to the track running a personal best and driving home! :rockon:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I'm not disappointed at all, i dont know of too many cars that can drive a 600 mile round trip with a/c on get 22mpg and run mid 10s @ 135+ in a heavy vert without breaking a sweat or any parts.

that is exactly right! to me its not nearly as impressive to run a great number but the car is trailered or not streetable.

congrats!! :beer:

BMR Tech

Nice!

I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

Still IRS? What power does the car make on the 21* tune? What kind of intercooling mods do you have, and were you running ice in the tank?

Pretty cool seeing the 6 degree more timing tune give you 5 MPH.

Ford2ner

Established Member
It really sucks on the pass I trapped 140 the way I broke the beam! It's weird though because if you look at the slip it says my R/T was a .730 and 60ft was a 2.18.. Its like my 60 was counting the same time as the r/t. It hooked hard that pass too it definitely was not a 2.18 lol. I feel that would have been the pass I was looking for, it might have been a 10.3x but who knows!

Nice!

I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

Still IRS? What power does the car make on the 21* tune? What kind of intercooling mods do you have, and were you running ice in the tank?

Pretty cool seeing the 6 degree more timing tune give you 5 MPH.

31 spline SRA. If i launched the car balls out it would make a huge difference as well but like i said not trying to replace anything. Made 675whp on a dyno dynamics on 21* timing tune, I'd guess somewhere around 600whp on the 15* timing. Afco heat exchanger and 4 gal fuel cell in the trunk that I fill with ice and cycle though before I run.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Nice runs! I just got my KB Vert into the 9's, you got plenty left to get her to fly!

bad93svt

Established Member
Can u take a side shot.. I'd like to see how the wheels sits. Is it recessed or flush with fender? Sorry for hijacking thread.....

Congrats on your times...

Ford2ner

Established Member
This was before i lowered it, they sit flush
ytazu3av.jpg

y9a5ahad.jpg

After I lowered the rear, no pics of the front lowered on the ground
su6ysu6e.jpg

7y3e5u7y.jpg

Last edited:

Ford2ner

Established Member
Lol I normally wear a helmet but I had my glasses on that day and the helmet was tight and messing with me so I couldn't do it.. They will say something If they don't see a helmet in your car or run a passenger if faster than 13.99, but they are pretty easy. A 10 second vert and they say nothing about not having a cage.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Lol I normally wear a helmet but I had my glasses on that day and the helmet was tight and messing with me so I couldn't do it.. They will say something If they don't see a helmet in your car or run a passenger if faster than 13.99, but they are pretty easy. A 10 second vert and they say nothing about not having a cage.

What kind of moron turns a vert into a race car??
Whoops..... never mind! LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread