New PB today

MattACK

Established Member
Headed out to the Atlanta Dragway to see what the car has in it now. Last year I ran it for the first time ever and got a junky run of 13.1 @ 106 with a 2.1 sixty. Car was bone stock then on aweful Uniroyal TigerPaw tires that were put on by the dealer before I bought the car.

Fast forward to today, car now has a bassani catted x-pipe, magnaflow catback, ported blower, throttle body, and inlet. I'm stilling running stock boost, no pullies, and my pump gas street tune. Two fastest times of the day were a 12.81 @ 112 and 12.87 @ 113. Sixties were a little worse at 2.2, but with these tires I didn't want to go to spin city.

Anyway, below is a video. Let me know what you think.

[youtube_browser]UUjfbZm4yjIPDKjuVhxiaBIQ[/youtube_browser]

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
For still running stock pulley that still isnt very good. MPH isnt bad but you need to get tires on there. I love my Toyo Drag Radials. But get something sticky and go out and at least get a mid/low 12 sec run. Or maybe just turn the boost up and take advantage of the port.

BdJames

Established Member
For still running stock pulley that still isnt very good. MPH isnt bad but you need to get tires on there. I love my Toyo Drag Radials. But get something sticky and go out and at least get a mid/low 12 sec run. Or maybe just turn the boost up and take advantage of the port.

This^. Is there a reason you have a ported blower and not a smaller pulley? Have you had it dyno tuned? If so what did she make?

JrSVT

Established Member
Stock pulley, CAI, Bassani catted x and catback....12.56 @111mph back in the day. Definately need some better tires a pulley and a tune. High 11's all day long with that setup.

Jr.

04cobra88

Established Member
Yea I very similar mods and I ran best 12.1 and cold have gotten lower if my clutch was properly adjusted tob was on the pp fingers and I drove 2 hours to the track with only 30 minutes before the run

2.76 upper too tough

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Need driver mod and some tires. You're losing way too much shifting gears. If I couldn't tell you were at the track, I'd think you were driving to the store. Drive it like you hate it, that's how you go fast.

MattACK

Established Member
This^. Is there a reason you have a ported blower and not a smaller pulley? Have you had it dyno tuned? If so what did she make?

A good buddy of mine started porting blowers so while I was getting the rearend rebuilt, I had him go ahead and take care of the blower/inlet/TB. Decided not to put a pulley since I'm literally about to peg my MAF right now. I'm at 990 counts. Regardless, I don't plan on putting a pulley on anytime soon. I do hope to get it on a dyno soon though, just to see what it puts out.

I'm still running the stock intake and like having a car that appears stock but runs numbers. The port is doing its job if it is pulling enough air to tax the stock MAF. Just need to get some suspension bushing upgrades, struts,springs, diff cover, and a better set of tires like everyone said. If I can get the sixty down to a 1.8-1.9, I'm pretty sure we are talking mid-low 12.

Regardless of what it runs at the track, it has enough power up top to pull on a 450 whp SRT8 Challenger that has quite a bit done to it.

MattACK

Established Member
Need driver mod and some tires. You're losing way too much shifting gears. If I couldn't tell you were at the track, I'd think you were driving to the store. Drive it like you hate it, that's how you go fast.

Hahaha, yeah I was taking about .4-.5 seconds per gear change. I'll work on that.

matt87

Established Member
a port w/o a pulley isnt gonna do much of anything for adding power. car is still a 400 rwhp car until you add the pulleys and fuel mods.

Users who are viewing this thread