New Pearl Black Paint CSVT

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
This is my 4th csvt, awesome DDs. Have a 3L Turbo that will be dropped in sometime in the next few months. Just had the car painted...looks like regular black in the pics, but when the sun hits it and you get up close it really looks cool. Not too much pearl but has a little bluish/purple flake at the right angle. Makes it kinda look charcoal in the sun, really happy with how it came out, still need to wet sand and buff some areas. Finally found a pre98 wing at the yard today.
Painted the wheels black. Had the hardest time figuring out what color, i really didnt want to black the car out but i really like it. Was gonna be black or gold rims. Was thinking about adding a red pinstripe to the black wheels? What you guys think?
Tires are 235/45/17s

DSC03955.jpg

DSC03952.jpg

DSC03954.jpg

DSC03957.jpg

DSC03961.jpg

DSC03963.jpg

DSC03960.jpg

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
Thanks guys! Im normally not a fan of all blacked out cars but im happy with it. May try gold wheels in the future if i get bored and want to change it up.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
What projectors are you running? they look like E55's or atleast some type of hellas. How come you don't have any shrouds?

Car looks great regardless

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
The projectors are out of a mercury cougar. Found them at the junkyard and decided to make something of them. I have a DDM HID kit.

dads01dream

Established Member
That's a great metallic black...... If you don't mind me asking, is that paint expensive? I've been thinking about some body mods to my C5 & this paint might be a option.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
That's a great metallic black...... If you don't mind me asking, is that paint expensive? I've been thinking about some body mods to my C5 & this paint might be a option.

No not expensive at all. Basically a black base coat, then pearl on top. It cost me 700 to get it done so thats including materials and labor. Its not a cheapo paint job either, the quality is really good. Its a friend of mines friend, who was highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread