New plugs with a 2lber?

03stx

Established Member
Will I need to replace the plugs with a 2lb lower? I plan on replacing the plugs soon anyway so I was thinking about doing it now before I add the 2lber. But should I go with the Tr6's or a different plug?

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
With just a 2lb lower the stock plug will be fine. And actually they last a long time. I'd suggest just making sure they are all tight (13ft lbs max) and run them up to 100k miles.

If you do replace them.. try a set of denso IT-20s They are pricey.. but they are smooth as silk.

Rich

03stx

Established Member
It is currently tuned for the 85mm MAF. It was a package from C&L. It came with the 85mm MAF, K&N CAI, and a chip. It was on the truck when i bought it.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
I run a 2# pulley with the stock motorcrafts, they are fine, although when i changed my plugs for the first time a couple weeks ago the original 70,000mile plugs had a gap around .055 to .070, after the fresh ones at .044 went in I was super happy. Idles great and makes smooth steady power all the way thru the RPM range. unless I go to a 4# i will always run stock plugs.

03stx

Established Member
Pitstain,

Could you tell a difference when you installed teh 2# pulley? or was it not that big of a power jump?

03stx

Established Member
Would tr6's be ok with the 2# pulley? I plan on adding a 4# sometime so i figured I would go ahead and change them to the tr6's which I was at it, but I want to be sure they will work good with the 2#er.

Users who are viewing this thread