New potential owner. Got a few questions.

GrabberOrange

Established Member
Hi guys, I'm planning on buying an L in a couple of days, its a 2000 with 40,000 miles on the odo.
The owner claims its stock, i will be making a trip to go see it tomorrow hopefully.

i live in Kuwait and they are pretty rare here. Is there anything i need to check or worry about? are these cars reliable in hot weather? Anything i need to look out for. Any advice would be appreciated. :beer:

Thanks.

Edit: Well, i just got back from the owner, apparently he imported it from the US and claims that it has cams, long tubes, and exhaust. He doesnt know anything more about the truck except that. Also, the fuel pump gave out last weekend, hes going to fix it tomorrow and hopefully i can take it out for a test drive.

I cant seem to find any other Ls around and i really like this one except for the fact i dont know what the hell is in it. All i know is the mentioned mods and gauges in the interior as well as an SCT programmer that came with the truck. For the price hes asking its a hell of a deal.

So what do you guys think?

sorry i know im not giving much to work on :(

Last edited:

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
Lightnings have good cooling systems. The factory eaton supercharger gets hot when you start throwing pulleys on it, but you said this truck is stock so that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe because you are in Kuwait(hot desert right?), throw a 180 thermostat in it.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
i've been there a few times and the only thing i would probably do, if you mod it or not.. the Reische 170 stant and a F250 tranny cooler. You could also run a 80% water and 20% coolant mix for the rad and sc resevoir. I don't think i've seen to many L's in these parts. I know in Dubai, i see a SVT Raptor like every 5 mins lol. They love Raptors there.

GrabberOrange

Established Member
Well, i just got back from the owner, apparently he imported it from the US and claims that it has cams, long tubes, and exhaust. He doesnt know anything more about the truck except that. Also, the fuel pump gave out last weekend, hes going to fix it tomorrow and hopefully i can take it out for a test drive.

I cant seem to find any other Ls around and i really like this one except for the fact i dont know what the hell is in it. All i know is the mentioned mods and gauges in the interior as well as an SCT programmer that came with the truck. For the price hes asking its a hell of a deal.

So what do you guys think?

sorry i know im not giving much to work on

Users who are viewing this thread