New? PPRV delete kit $15.99

Black Cobra

Established Member
Came across these Submersable SAE 30R10 OEM looking flexible fuel pump hoses today. May have ordered this if I had not already ordered some stainless steel 1/4 elbows and Ubend and a foot of Gates 30R10 hose.

1-12" and 2-7" hoses for $15.99

PPRV Delete Hose Kits, AD AutoParts

PPRV%20Delete.jpg

stang910

Established Member
I did my PPRV delete with these hoses and GT fuel pumps and it works great.

Black Cobra

Established Member

rudycobra

Established Member
What about the y fitting u need ? Do they have stock one that can b reused ?? I never looked at pumps yet so really not familiar with it , just learning

Ortiz99

Established Member
What about the y fitting u need ? Do they have stock one that can b reused ?? I never looked at pumps yet so really not familiar with it , just learning

You reuse your stock one. I've seen many Y fittings that break down in fuel so your best bet is to stick with the stocker.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
DAMM! NOW this is making me reconsider DOING the pprv delete!! I have the 03/04 tank and hat with the additional Aviator and fpdm waiting to get installed, should I go for it?
I have it still intact in my 99 hat with no issues but don't want that hesitation shifting gears at high rpm with the twins, don't wanna have to drop the tank again! Do you re-use those factory metal clamps to secure the lines? something better?

Last edited:

Ortiz99

Established Member
DAMM! NOW this is making me reconsider DOING the pprv delete!! I have the 03/04 tank and hat with the additional Aviator and fpdm waiting to get installed, should I go for it?
I have it still intact in my 99 hat with no issues but don't want that hesitation shifting gears at high rpm with the twins, don't wanna have to drop the tank again! Do you re-use those factory metal clamps to secure the lines? something better?

You can go to your local auto parts store and ask for the high pressure fuel injector hose clamps and they should have them for about 5 bucks for a pack of 4.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I was reading your pprv delete thread Ortiz99 and I value Turbo V's vast knowledge but saying that "he's seen the plastic lines crack More times than he cares to say!"? I don't know about that one? Is it only after the delete? what about all those Cobra's with 100K+ miles? You'd figure those cars would have had Quite a few tankfuls of gas in their day? Are all those cracked? AND how did you guys get the fuel line that needs to be discarded off the Y-fitting?

Last edited:

Black Cobra

Established Member
Do you re-use those factory metal clamps to secure the lines? something better?

The OEM clamps are one-ear clamps (Oetiker). They are permanent; they can't be reused. The clamps themselves are cheap; but they are proud of the crimper. The fuel injector clamps are more economical because of that.

Ortiz99

Established Member
I was reading your pprv delete thread Ortiz99 and I value Turbo V's vast knowledge but saying that "he's seen the plastic lines crack More times than he cares to say!"? I don't know about that one? Is it only after the delete? what about all those Cobra's with 100K+ miles? You'd figure those cars would have had Quite a few tankfuls of gas in their day? Are all those cracked? AND how did you guys get the fuel line that needs to be discarded off the Y-fitting?

This is the same plastic that comes in fuel pump kits for many many many vehicles that you can get in Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Napa etc... that they have been selling for years. Never heard of the actual hose breaking, bursting, or anything of that nature. My brother in law bought the fuel pump kit from Autozone a long time ago, the pump finally went out and those hoses still looked great with no signs of wear.

If this type of plastic was bad then why would they come standard on many many fuel pump kits?

Black306

Established Member
This is the same plastic that comes in fuel pump kits for many many many vehicles that you can get in Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Napa etc... that they have been selling for years. Never heard of the actual hose breaking, bursting, or anything of that nature. My brother in law bought the fuel pump kit from Autozone a long time ago, the pump finally went out and those hoses still looked great with no signs of wear.

If this type of plastic was bad then why would they come standard on many many fuel pump kits?

Actually, they do burst. Here is an example of one that happened to another member here very recently. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ied-no-fuel-wat-else-look-2.html#post10917636

Statistically speaking, you're right; they don't burst often when you factor in all the cars on the road that use that type of line. But I'm sure if you collected data on the failures, most of them burst between the Y fitting and hat. More than likely due to some type of modification that exceeded the hose's design specs (ie twin GT pumps, BAP, etc).

Personally, I would suggest using a rubber hose from the Y fitting to the hat.

rudycobra

Established Member
That would b mine . Everything was stock in tank. Installed bap and a billet steel frps disc . So I think since my disc cant blow it blew my line . I ordered that ad kit and lethals kit . Mite use rubber line to hat but just afraid of rubber with clamp blowing of instead of bursting . Either way has it's downfalls I guess

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Hey Derek it seems the lines that do burst are the ones that remove just the pprv and plug some sort of adapter fitting between the 2 lines,? I would think that 12 inch piece with only 2 ends (that are flared) would have a greater success rate than 2 additional spots to fail? Agree??

Black Cobra

Established Member
Actually, they do burst. Here is an example of one that happened to another member here very recently. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ied-no-fuel-wat-else-look-2.html#post10917636

His blew right after the PPRV. Missing 4th gear and hitting 2nd probably hitting the rev limiter. All the fuel from both pumps goes though a tiny 0.15" hole (brass check value piece) inside the PPRV. No telling what kind of fuel velocities we would be looking at in this situation or if this would factor into this particular rupture. Apparently the pressure release valve with an even smaller 0.123"ish hole wasn't able to control the pressure.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
It is very common for those plastic lines crack and break. Fuel system is the most important thing on your car. No way in hell would I put that plastic shit in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread